Thursday, September 10, 2020

Pretty is... as pretty does

Gosh! My mother raised me on this one! "Pretty is as pretty does!" she would answer on any question or comment I had about appearance or looks--- myself --- or anyone else. I remember Forrest Gump's mom's rendition: "Stupid is as stupid do." 

So my little caveat today is about Keto recipes. My college room mate is a retired Home Economics teacher and excellent cook. She recently tried a bunch of keto recipes and emerged with the opinion that if the dish is basically carb free, it can be delicious. If it is a keto cheat of a high carb item, just skip it... 

I have been drinking coffee black for years, but wishing for that creamer experience for treat coffee...  Keto allows cream, whipped cream... but nothing tastes like that basically bad for you, artificial, non-dairy gunk we put in our coffee...  I ordered some no carb/no calorie pumpkin spice syrup... Monday will be its arrival, so time will tell...  

Today I made this beautiful keto blueberry teacake bread.


Mouth wateringly exquisite... I sliced it carefully into 12 perfect slices @ three carbs per slice. I added some delicious cream cheese. I thought of my mom... "Sawdust (aka almond flour) is as sawdust does... lol


"Just don't give me any keto kibble!"
Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your bread is gorgeous, and so is kitty. I use almond milk in my coffee, and froth it up first. Phil uses just a touch of real cream.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Exactly what does "Pretty is as pretty does" mean? Really. I always viewed it, as a "slam" on "primping" and the like. Is this what it means?

Ahhhh, blueberry tea cake! It isn't a birthday cake but it is a yummy looking treat!

I use real 1/2 & 1/2! No creeeeeepy creamers stuff. So I worry, about what else, your Syrup, will contain... You know, those lists of stuff we can't even pronounce? And won't they "have" to add some sort of artificial sweetner? But I don't know....

Mmmm, wouldn't she like keto kibble? Isn't keto protein, which animals love. They don't necessarily like the carb fillers, in so much cat/dog filler, right?

Splitting hairs I know!!! LOL

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ

Jeanie said...

I LOVE the no keto kibble! And she looks like she means it!

Nancy Chan said...

The cake looks yummy. Beautiful kitty doesn't want any keto kibble! Lol!