Well. There went August!

I have not really accomplished a lot in August, to be honest.  I have been really rather down and really rather cranky actually. 
I'm not looking forward to Fall for several reasons.  I have a guy coming September 12 for three floor installations in my bedroom, my kitchen,  and my laundry room.  So much work for moving everything!  and I decided not to Fall decorate before he's finished,  if then. 
Also I can't shake the odd, persistent idea that Autumn let me down last year! In a way that cannot ever be forgiven.  I had been creating a lively 2023 journal, an Autumn Daily with 90 beautiful, grateful entries planned for the entire season.  Of course, it stopped cold on November 24th. 
Anyway... I'm here.  I fell last week hurrying... and I bruised a rib and broke my big toe. I developed a fracture blister about the size of a ping pong ball. They occur in 2.7% of all fractures... Cool...  All the more reason to just let Summer slide into September. 
It's the last week of August--- hot weather predicted, and almost all my friends are being called to "rage, rage against the dying of the light and to not go gentle into that good night." It was so much more fun to be young and dumb! 
Just had my early morning dose of Bayer Back and Body... I've been sleeping in my chair .... exactly like my grandmother did... This is not how I expected my life to be.  And truthfully, I really don't like it at all.  
I think two friends are coming for lunch. I will need to perk up and sparkle even a little.
 I am sure you're all glad I chose to enlighten you on my current status and mindset... maybe I'll be super next post! That would be a kick! Love you all! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I’m very sorry for how you are feeling, but I believe it is all so understandable. I’ve prayed for you many times and will continue to do so. Being cranky is ok but not very fun. I’ve been that way for a while as well-aging problems, country problems, blah blah blah. Anyway, I’ll pray, because that’s all I know to do. Take good care. Linda T

Popular Posts