Home of the Brave

After several busy weeks with entertaining, I decided to go ahead with some patriotic decor for Memorial Day and the month of June.
It seems as if the seasons are passing without a real change in the weather.  That's probably due to these thunderstorms and the fact I 
don't spend time outside! 
Hope you're having a good summer where you are. 
I have invited a lot of friends and family in for get togethers. 
You'd never believe how long I looked for this china! I had packed it away in a tote! I really hope to organize better... but  what else is new?
Here's a Summer favorite.

Crack Chicken Braid

1 roll crescent dough
1 to 2 cups shredded
Cooked chicken. (Can use rotisserie or canned)
1 box softened cream cheese (I used the whipped tub)
Half pound crumbled bacon (I used real bacon bits)
Half package dry ranch seasoning
Regular ranch dressing  and/or mayo to consistency you desire
4 green onions (sliced thin)
1 to 2 c. Shredded cheddar

Prep: roll out dough on lightly greased cookie tin. With scissors cut 20 Fringe slits along both long sides. 
Mix all remaining ingredients into a moist chicken salad. Place salad along center of dough. Criss cross fringes over salad and bake at 350 until dough is light brown. (About 25 minutes)
Slice and serve. 
If you haven't tried the ready to heat Aldi quiches, hurry!  They're  delicious! My Aldi's has Lorraine or Broccoli. 
I love my favorite quiche recipe,  but this is soooo easy!
 Hope you do something special for Memorial Day. 

Comments

Thanks for the tip on the Aldi quiches! I will definitely try that out. Quiche Lorraine, mmmmmm! And I'm glad you kept looking for those dishes because they sure are cute! xoxo

Popular Posts