Thursday, December 14, 2023

December Sky

Thank you all for your sweet prayers, hugs from afar,  and comments.  I really appreciate  the kindness and sympathy I've experienced.  There is no need to take you to the edge of the abyss of my soul.  But I do want to reach out and thank you.  

About the only thing I've cooked has been a really interesting Italian Cannelloni soup.  My friends have brought me potato soup, chili, vegetable mushroom, white chicken chili, and Panera broccoli- cheese soup... My plan is to make Jenny the Pirate's tomato soup in the morning and take a stab at Palmetto Pimento Cheese tomorrow, too. I'm not really hungry, but cooking is always appreciated.

Here's that soup I made last week. 

Italian Cannelloni Soup

1 # mild Italian sausage (browned, drained, and broken up) 

2 cans Cannelloni white beans (juice and all)

Large box chicken broth

2 boxes Colvita crushed tomatoes.  (I get them on Amazon by auto delivery.  So good!)

2 carrots,  2 ribs celery,  1 onion (chopped and simmered until soft in pot drippings or olive oil) 

Large t. chopped garlic

Salt, pepper,  and a smidge of sugar (to taste.  Most don't add the sugar probably) 

2 To 3 big squeezes ketchup 

T. Worchestershire sauce

1/3 c. Italian seasoning

Then simmering is the key... and sitting until tomorrow.    I can do that.  

Hugs to you all.  


3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Soup is a true comfort food and I am so happy your friends are comforting you with soup. Many people are holding you close during this time, both in person and virtually. (hugs)

racheld said...

Holding you close in my heart these confusing days. Wishing you peace and good sleep, and sending you comfy ganjin hugs for the hard moments.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Gayla you have been in my thoughts and prayers every day since you shared the sad news of your son's passing. I don't like to think of you alone but I know your faith is strong and that God will meet you in this situation and provide the kind of comfort that only He can give. I'd been concerned that you were resting and eating well, and it sounds as though the meals part is well covered thanks to your friends, not to mention your own skill in the kitchen. I hope you liked my tomato soup recipe! I think it is so delicious and heartening. God Bless you my friend, throughout this season which is so full of heartache for you. I pray that each day you will feel stronger and less consumed by grief. xoxo