Friday, October 6, 2023

The Tales of Halloween

Once there lived a big scared cat and a little scaredy cat... one pitch black very dark night... 


Well,  yeah. You know it's I who be the scaredy cat... and  Callie too!
So Although I struggle with sleep, tonight I decided to watch some YouTube and wonder of wonders,  I drifted off... I've been known to knock out one of my own front teeth with an iPad after falling asleep... I can't do that any more!  However, tonight I must have dropped my cell phone into my lap and somehow hit the button to cast what I was watching to the TV... Our TV was left on a really loud volume... I was watching Jenny Penton draw... and her music was rather fanfarish and scary... imagine drowsing off and suddenly an empty room blares into song? Oh my gosh! I could hear my son snoring in his room... (he can be really loud! ) 
I'll admit.  It scared me ... so I quickly turned my phone off... the music stopped... I thought it stopped because the intruder (armed with tunes) was aware of me! Suddenly... my bed shook... I felt something creeping toward me and it pounced on my stomach... 
For way too many minutes I just froze... my spirit animal must be a bunny or a deer in headlights... I finally realized that Callie was the interloper on my lap. Miss Independent had jumped down at that first, startling note from her chosed "Princess and the Pea" stack of blankets in the laundry room where she adoress to sleep above the mundane... 
Finally,  still baffled, I turned my phone back on and heard that same scary song coming from the screen. Well, duh! Suddenly the whole night was not so scary.
... 
Yep.  That's my bed.  I decided I was 70 years old almost and I have no daughters, grandchildren, or daughters in law.  My son absolutely wouldn't care if he snuggled under a quilt or a rag rug  as long as he's cozy... So I crawl under a beauty ......stitched by my mother,  quilted by one grandmother, bound by the other grandmother... Therein I have discovered the meaning of a comfort quilt... 
AFTER THIS NIGHT OF TERRORS... I NEED IT!






3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Both quilts are beautiful. I love the first Halloween one, it is so cool!!! But Callie matches the second one. You must not get near enough sleep!

racheld said...

Listen carefully during your three o'clock Moon Tea---that's the time that the Gathering Train makes its final circuit, and you can hear the rails shake and feel the cold steam of the locomotive.

Our New Jersey GRANDS send us Moon Cakes, and so I carry on my Delta raising by sending them Moon Pies---what else do you deem proper to serve at a Moon Tea? Little roulades of green cheese, or crescent scones? Lunar Tuna sandwiches? Oh, please put my name on the list! Hats and broom, Will Travel.

That three-sets-of hands quilt is a family treasure, and lots of people, right now, already love it with you.

Miss Merry said...

That is a beautiful quilt! And every night you are hugged by your grammas.