Wednesday, August 16, 2023

August: the Venerable Season

Happy August! Well, three days in, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be cooler and more beautiful than ever. We've had such storms and foggy mornings, pink sunset Canopy skies at twilight... just amazing.

I did the tiniest nod to Autumn.. more to follow, of course. I'll be changing that quilt... The pillows are new from Etsy... 
I've chosen these traveler's notebooks for the month... I have way too many, I guess, but I don't get out,  so it's my new way to accessorize. I buy Planner Perfect products and follow her method... It has really made a positive difference for my life.  
 The focus for August is a prettier, level-up for life around here.  
I don't like the bummed complacency I've drifted into although I understand why.  Illness does that to me,  and 2023 has been a bit rocky without being really awful.  I have been dealing with after effects from my total tooth extraction. No.  I haven't even thought about dentures much.  I just need to feel better before I start that... Then I did have 3 to 4 months of Shingles... they were really a downer. I had a stress fracture in my right hand... so... knock on wood,  I am on the mend! And allergies... Then more than my own pebbles, there is always the Boulder of my son and the way he feels... I don't say all this for sympathy... I just need to give this house some grace and let God have all this.  He's more than capable... Denial has done nothing for me! 
1
My first day of August was a bear killing experience.  I kicked tail and took names. Less accomplishments  filled day two, and yesterday was  totally a "bust."
Well,  I truly love reading your blogs I don't always comment because I read on my phone, and it doesn't allow me to comment well at all... not even as myself... not sure what I did, but it wasn't wise and I mistakenly  selected a typo "iatmealandwhimy" so it just acts mad about it!  Lol... 
I'm working on a journal for a friend who's having some festivities for her family... I've just started being able to cut and glue again.  Hallelujah! 
My rainbow homemade bread from a young neighbor!  How sweet! It was yummy! I had a carpenter come to fix a corner of my ramp. It had been built wrong,  with a raised border, and almost everyone hung a foot on it..... so I just decided to fix it before someone fell! My dad always told me,  "You think you don't have time to do things right, but then you have to find the time to do them over!" So true, Daddy-o.
I have a surprise coming from Etsy... it's on the way!  I commissioned it in June or July! And it's for me...  my Precious! Lol... stay tuned! 





3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have really been through it!! I am so sorry! My prayer for you is strength and healing! I love your pillows, and always wait expectantly to see your seasonal decorations. They are always so awesome, and I get such inspiration from them. Take care and rest, my friend!

Miss Merry said...

Oh my, somehow I missed that you had shingles. Miserable, just miserable. I had a bad case on my lower left quadrant when I was in my 50's. I thought you had to be 60 to get the shot. It was horrendous and I still have some nerve damage. Dang blisters ran right down my sciatic nerve. My husband could not get to the drug store for the shot fast enough. I'm so sorry you had to suffer with this.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh Gayla I am so sorry about all of your and your son's health issues. What a cross that is to bear but you are doing great. I love your Etsy pillows and every time I see your journals on Instagram, I purpose to buy some from you as gifts at some time in the near future! You will be hearing from me! Happy end of lovely summer, beginning of delicious fall! xoxo