Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Have a lovely month...

Whimsy and Hugs!

I have been immersed in some really fun projects, and I decided to bob up to the surface today. Because February is 72 hours shorter than some of its sisters, I really always get a little anxious along about now! I feel that I'd better work quicker or things will never get done. A lot of our February days have been pretty and warmer... almost a false start for Spring. Today... not so much, and it will get colder toward the weekend. That's going to be a good thing because my hauler got his trailer stuck in my yard, and he's waiting for freezing ground to get out. 





I created a little note-taking Irish Journal for a friend in Kentucky.  She was my first customer on Etsy, and she really has been loyal! I love to make things for her, and she does special request orders, too.


I also finished this crocheted afghan for a friend in Florida. She had a stroke several years ago, so she goes out in a wheel chair. I guess she makes quite a fuss over handmade afghans. I've made her several, and she really enjoys coordinating them to her outfits. She is quite a stylin' lady. Once she had a minor heart attack, and she told me she knew she was having one, but she took the time to take a shower and do her makeup~~~  Wow!  What is that saying?  "It is better to 'rook' good than to feel good. "





We had a storm this morning... the perfect weather for baking. I made regular brownies with white chocolate chips. This is my Beleek Irish baking dish, and it has a great lid, too. Mom bought is for me on QVC years ago during one of those wonderful Irish celebrations they used to have on March 17th. 





 I also made chocolate brownie butterscotch Gluten-free cookies. They were so easy with a Gluten Free Mix from Aldi's. I used the recipe on the back. 
Brownie Mix, 2 eggs, 5 T. melted butter, 1 c. chips. 


Well, I stored away the Valentine things and got out my Irish fixings... Such a cool respite for the eyes after all the red of Valentine's Day and Christmas...








Have a lovely end of the month. I might see you again in February, but again.. I might not! 




4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a gorgeous St. Patrick's tree!!! And your afghan is such beautiful colors, she will absolutely love it!

Unknown said...

I love that last picture with those blue cabinets. So pretty. Happy February!

racheld said...

GOOD MORNING!

We let our tortoise graze Sunday p.m. on the lawn for only the second time this Winter, going from tiny clump of green to another, and this a.m., it was like opening DOROTHY'S DOOR when I opened the front. There's a GREEN swath right and left and all around, with the lawns doing that expected Indiana JUMP out of the ground, as if plants all know they're limited on time to BE green. They just sprout their little hearts out, and I swear I could see a haze of green aura around all the trees stretching into the distance.

So, I think a Lemon Icebox Pie would be the flavor of the day, despite all the Valentine goodies still in the fridge. Who gets tired of chocolate?---not me, but that crisp tingle of lemon just calls today.

Maybe whipped cream layers instead of meringue, as a Lemon Trifle, and layer in vanilla wafers, like Banana Pudding. Aldi, here I come!

Stay well, Faraway Friend,

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh your Belleek dish is GORGEOUS! I love it. I am so excited about putting the red stuff away tomorrow and hauling out all the green! I go "collecting" from every corner of my house and bring it forward! Plus a shimmering shamrock on the front door! xoxo