Monday, October 10, 2022

Lovely Days

This has been such a pretty month so far! 
I think I've read a few more books this year than usual.  I used to be such a reader.  My mom couldn't get me to take my "nose out of a book" for love nor money. I don't know when or why I slowed it down.  I do know I swapped over from general reading and pursued self help books for a long time... Then I had such a time with cataracts and horrendous vision but the surgery was a great success for that.  
Anyway... I'm back!  If I had a few more spots in this house with a  comfy chair, I'd read a lot more!  
I guess making junk journals is more my addiction, but I have read six books in 3 months... 
please tell me in the comments what books you're enjoying! I would love to read them. 
Here's what's for dinner! 

Air Fryer Balsamic Chicken

INGREDIENTS
  • ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
  • ¼ cup Honey
  • 2 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Dried rosemary leaves
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • ½ tsp Feshly ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp Mustard
  • 2 Tbsp Lemon
  • 2 Whole chicken breasts boneless, and skinless
  • Cooking Spray

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a small bowl combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, lemon, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken pieces to a large resealable bag and pour the marinate over it, and seal the bag, and refrigerade for at least 2 hours.
  • Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the parchment. Spritz with a little bit of the leftover marinade.
  • Cook at 375ºF / 190ºC for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken, spritz it with marinade, and cook for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF / 75ºC and the chicken is no longer pink inside. Let sit for 5 minutes then cut the chicken breasts into thick slices, and serve with baked potato wedges or a delicious green salad.
Sounds pretty good.  I'll let you know how we like it! 

3 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

You have done lots of reading! Good for you but your journals are so great, I think I like the artistic endeavor even better! I have been doing the bulk of my reading audibly ... when I walk, using my AirPods, and even when I sit in my chair and play solitaire. I just listen to a book while I do that, and I tell myself that I'm not being lazy, but rather developing me pirate brain, haahaa! Or warding off senility, whichever comes first. But that way, I have "read" at least ten books in recent days! I love it. I don't have an air fryer so I'm anxious to know how that recipe turned out! xoxo

Jeanie said...

Your journals are lovely! And what books have you been reading -- I'd love to know -- and ifyou liked them!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your journals are always just beyond gorgeous and creative. Please let me know if you ever want to sell any! I would love to buy one. They are so much better than the ones you can buy, you have a real talent for making them.