Thursday, August 18, 2022

Silly Rabbit... Trix are for Kids

A long time ago I remember watching cartoons and "funny" ads with such a different response than most of my friends.  I wanted Tom and Jerry to stop@! Just quit living like that.  I couldn't bear the Roadrunner. I really felt the pain every gosh darned time Wile E. Coyote hit a wall painted to look like a tunnel.  And I would have given the bunny a bowl of Trix! And Charlie some tuna! 

I learned in college about the theories of comedy.  Regeneration is huge... the same thread that causes a person to laugh at a sexual joke is the impetus for the humor behind the coming back to life humor in many cartoons and now all those FAIL tictocs..tactics... 
I really still don't like that kind of humor... I do have a funny bone, and I love to laugh.  But just not at that Jerry Lewis, falling down in a manhole, kind of crap...
More power to ya if you're amused by all this.  Anything that makes us laugh is fine... just not my cup of tea... 
Today is my evaluation at the Dentist.  I could save myself the cash... they all need to come out.  My teeth are just reprehensible... a combination of too many antibiotics as a child and avoidance of good care through the years has created a perfect storm0. Then I was a care giver and then there was a Pandemic. Oh, also I don't navigate. At all... yep.  By the way, should you ever actually need an excuse for ANYTHING, count on my expertise! 
As usual I've been a big baby about it.  I mean my dear friends! They are amazing!  They've been calling to check on me!  I feel kind of embarrassed.  Most people go out in public so much and don't get the time of day for a little old appointment!  It's kind of like Lazarus coming forth when I leave the house! 
Well,  my appointment is at one p.m. I have four hours to do all the things I've procrastinated for the six weeks I've had this monumental roadblock lurking in my future... I honestly wish all of it would be done today with the teeth all out and gone... 
My gramma used to have chopper hoppers for night time Î.  When I stayed all night with her,  she'd take out those teeth and chase me all over the house screaming,  "I'll gum you to death! Come back here!" I thought she would definitely do it!  I was delighted! 
Thanks for listening! 

4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Good luck. I quit visiting the dentist when I paid over $700 out of pocket towards a root canal that fell out a week later. I haven't had any dental insurance in over 8 years now

Ginny Hartzler said...

Let me know how the dentit visit turned out!! You know,I agree about those cartoons. Don't you think it desensitizes us to people suffering? LOVE the coffee/tea joke, so true!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well, all I can say is that you have my total sympathy. I have had more dentist appointments than most people have had hot dinners. And spent incalculable amounts of money. And endured a great deal of pain -- both physical and emotional. And still have a crooked smile and many teeth missing and lots of bridges, implants, et cetera, and have been putting off for YEARS a big project that needs to be done, just not wanting to face any aspect of it. So you are in my prayers on this one, my friend. I will hold you up before the Lord as you go through this and I pray that the whole thing will be easy and painless and resolved in no time. God bless xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh I forgot to say ... I loved and still love all those cartoons but I HATE it when people laugh at a video of someone getting hurt. I think that's awful. I despised America's Home Videos where folks just got clobbered or flattened and everyone laughed. Ugh. No. xoxo