Saturday, August 27, 2022

Lazy crazy hazy days of summer

Hello there, Lovely friends, 
As my former coworkers head back to their classrooms, I have decided to truly learn something myself... not sure what that might be yet.  I have some ideas, but... they all take work and commitment... imagine that!?
For one, I'm getting caught up to my college levels of Spanish with Duolingo. Lots of lessons to go!  I paid for that so I don't have to fight the ads... I'm planning to start watching something in Spanish, but I'm afraid I'll be lost! In College Señor Alvarez taught us with his slow,  Peruvian, easy pace.  Most Spanish speakers are lightning fast.
The one time I ever really used my Spanish in a pinch was in 1979... we had car trouble in El Paso, and a nice man let us ride in the very back of his station wagon.  I told him we would love a lift to the closest garage.  However,  he left us at a roadside restaurant!... I think his wife was telling him off for picking us up as hitchhikers. I heard her saying we could be thieves or murderers.  Their children might be our next victims! So... who knows why he left us there.  Surely it couldn't have been my silver tongue! 
My son's birthday is next week.  I have a couple really cool gifts.  But I also think I have a couple duds... guys are so hard to buy for!  He still codes for Little Caesar's,  but unlike last year, or nearby town now has a franchise.  I'm looking forward to that for a surprise.  It's our first trial of the menu. 
Some friends came out and we had a little porch picnic.  One brought us a homemade apple pie!  Oh yum!  Are you guys pie bakers? Her crusts are fabulous.  It takes me back to my grandmother's apple pie.  I need to stop thinking about it!  Pies are kinda loud! 
I've got a long way to go, decorating for Fall.  This is one year everyone seems to be ready.  Who would have thought I'd be telling myself it is my last Autumn with teeth!  Lol... How priorities do change.  
In September we're getting new flooring in our laundry room.  The ceramic tile we had installed 5 years ago didn't do well... eventually all four rooms of our renovation will have to be redone... 2 more after this... (different contractor,  of course!)
Oops! It's getting light outdoors here at 6:15... I have monkeyed around all night... Almost time to get up.  Apple pie breakfast? We'll have to see.
Have a fun week.  

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a funny story your htchhiking experience was! Though not at the time, I am sure. Are all these photos from your home? Even your dish drainer is a work of art! I can't wait to see when you get your fall things up.

Chris said...

Good luck with your learning Spanish with Duolingo have you tried this:- News in Slow Spanish? Its really good.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Girl you are too much. Did you really stay up all night? I have never made a pie crust, haahaha! I'm too lazy. But I do make pies, only with the store-bought crusts. I dearly love pie. A new floor sounds spectacular! Even if it is only in the laundry room for now! xoxo