Saturday, June 18, 2022

June


Honestly, I haven't missed reporting one single thing. I often have thought of you as I read your blogs and see how busy you are.  I am busy, but it has all been discussed, blogged about, and embellished before...  Have you been enjoying this summer?  I know so many of you have been waiting for this season. Enjoy! It has been so pretty here. My trees and perennials were gorgeous. I didn't plant anything new because I just don't think I can get it watered enough for the Missouri Heat. That's a copout because we do what we want, don't we? I know my mother always negotiated two milk cartons (the gallon ones) with a walker out the door and down a step to water. 

I've been busy with the usual suspects: journal-making, card making, and destashing. I am happy to say I was able to go through 14 tote boxes this month and find homes (here, there, or you know where) or new uses for everything. I listed a few things on a local SwapShop, and .... you all know how it goes. One man's treasure is another man's trash... lol...  See what I did there?


Several of my friends have made their way here for a Porch Visit. I am able to spin out on my new ramp, and that has made it so much easier. I flipped my cushions on the wicker furniture, much to the distress of a swarm of paper hornets. I guess they were able to get even with me.  I sure didn't know they stung while flying! My knuckles were stung, and I made it my mission to kill them... I used the Rosemary cleaning spray I'd taken out...  They finally had enough misting and fell to my mercy. I showed them NONE...  


I didn't do much to honor the Queen's Jubilee...  I did purchase my first Emma Bridgewater china..  I will show you next post. The whole experience was just fun. They were in constant contact about the order, and that made me feel as if they appreciated their customers. 


I did take the car to town for a checkup, echocardiogram, and doctor visit. I'm good to go until December. I have some other things I need to do, or I'd say I'm set to stay home until then. I'm okay with never leaving this place... I've mentioned that before, and it's still quite true. Now this morning, my cat Callie woke me up a bit too early, and I would have liked to take a trip into town for breakfast burritos...  but I decided I could make those just as easy. 


Have a lovely rest of the month. I am sure you have lots of fun activities planned. 

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I didn't plant anything this year either. I feel a little guilty but I tell myself I planted perennials for a reason. I love lots of little pots of annuals but I don't like the watering and the mess. I am so lazy that I bought a hanging planter and just wired the pot into my bike basket, lol. My husband waters the hanging planters so I got out of that job, too. I hope you have a lot of porch sitting this summer!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so good to see a post from you! So sorry about the wasps, ouch, that must have been so painful. I would have been terrified out of my wits. Your creations are gorgeous! Multi layered, and so much to look at. They are really ART.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I don't plant but we did get the sword ferns for out by the pool and they seem to be happy so far. I need to remind TG to give them some fertilizer. Your journals are so gorgeous; I can never get over the number of ideas you have. We have been very busy but I hope it slows down now. I am like you: I would never leave home if I didn't have to. I love being at home. xoxo