Monday, May 16, 2022

May Blossomed

It has definitely  arrived! Summer! I think Missouri just skipped over Spring. We have suddenly hit flip flop and swimming weather (for those inclined). 97°... locusts blooming and irises... 

As soon as possible (maybe this week) a carpenter is coming to fix a more accessible front door and to install new countertops in the kitchen. I am going for butcherblock... and I've ordered navy chalk paint with dark wax for the lower cabinets. These cabinets are vintage 1956 from Sears and Roebuck catalog! (And they look it!) I'm doing the painting, which is the main reason not to do the upper ones... 
Well, just checking in... work is coming along for the final wedding journal.. They've been super fun to do. And these were not my usual style. 
Then I made some tags that were more frilly... 
Have a good week!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your country table centerpiece! I hope you will show before and after photos of your counters and cabinets.

Miss Merry said...

We have had the same seasons here. Winter coats one week and flannel shirts still in the wash when it is in the 80's outside. Where is Spring!

We widened all our interior doors a year or two ago (right before Covid). Still have the bathroom door to go since we will have to remove tile and if we are doing that, well let's just say it will be a project that includes my walk in shower. Finally. I bought the door at the same time as the others so they would match. My mother suffered ALS which made me very conscious of making my forever home liveable.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh your journals blow me away! I wish I could come and see you so that you could teach me how. New countertops! What fun! xoxo