Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Top 10 ...How Is This POSSIBLE? questions


Inquiring mind... this is kinda self-indulgent, but it's possible you share some of these or have your own "I wonder why's..."
1.)  How can the stores be this empty and boring? I mean, what does it take to get cat food. And a pot pie?
[Whatever it takes... you get that cat food!]

2.) How is it possible to have soooo many movies and TV series and channels to watch and still not have very good choices anyway? We are rewatching favorites because a lot of the new stuff seems not our cup of tea. I did enjoy Superstore, Yellowstone,  and Resident Alien on Peacock. We're watching Criminal Minds (super hard on my psyche but my son likes JJ) again....and The West Wing

3.) How is it they sell frozen pancakes and bottled water... ? My grandmother had to go to a well for water or break ice in the winter! And she had a fit when I bought pancake mix one time! Oh me!


4.)  How can I be so content to stay home after all those years of working? I have not driven my car since last April... Am I now a recluse? Could be. Could be arthritis, too... and Covid... following a year of intense care giving... and 10 years of medium care giving... 


5.) How can my teeth need so much love and attention? I have been a life-long toothbrusher! Is it true that baby boomers had too many antibiotics as children, and it turned them the consistency of wood?

6.) How is it possibly May 1st, 2022, is on Sunday? Did we not just have our first Christmas in quarantine 2020 last month?

7.) How can an entire nation and maybe the world be so interested in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial? And wow! How can one man have such beautiful suits? And I wonder if they are loving the attention or wishing for privacy..


8.) How can every generation have a nonsense song that seems to be designed to crawl in the brain and poke the recall button?.... "Oop boop bittum bottom waddum choo." Or "Fa la la la la... la la... la... la!" Or "Gitchy Gitchy ya ya hoooh uah.." or "Um diddle liddle li um diddle ligh." To just about any song you listen to right now... you're welcome!

9.)  How can a good woman of Irish descent be allergic to Irish potatoes? I think, to my horror, I am... I get blisters in my mouth and a sore throat when I have them... sad news indeed... lol I just googled, "can I get a sore throat from potatoes? " That mean old Google said yes! So I thought, maybe Google will say anything is possible! So.....I  googled, "Does chocolate make you skinny?" 
.... dumb Google. Lol Turns out, no.. and now I see Godiva and Hershey ads.

10.) How... in the name of everything holy is it possible I will be 68 years old in June? In my wildest dreams I was never a 67-year-OLD woman! Of course, I'm not stupid. I certainly didn't want the alternative, but Wow! Just Wow!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is all so interesting! The Depp/Heard trial fascination may just be something light to help distract us from the horrors of war? I love your coffee sampler, it is adorable!! Where did you buy the kit? I really want one!!!

Miss Merry said...

We have no interest in rich people suing each other. My best friend (since HS) and I have decided to remain 65 until we are 70. Easier to remember the round numbers. TV - we had to add a cable package with 100 channels to get high speed internet fast enough for a few chrome books when we were locked in with grandchildren during the day. In the evenings we enjoy Barney Miller, Rockford Files and Maud. I am not sure if it is the comfort or just that was the end of smart and creative writing for television.

I have a better driving story. We went nowhere except the occasional curbside pickup with delivery to our car trunk. Yet, last July I decided to trade my car in on a brand new car. Which I have driven maybe 15 minutes every other week. Because of computers, I need all the routine maintenance on the same schedule as if I were driving back and forth to work every day. Why did I buy a brand new car if I don't leave the house? I guess I was thinking that, if I had a new car, it would be safe and comfortable to leave the house? My children find it very humorous I bought a car I do not drive. I did decorate it. It is a smaller silver SUV like 100's of others in any parking lot. I was afraid I would not know which was my car. So I ordered a collection of 1970's flower power and peace sign magnets to sick on the sides. They think this is just embarassing. :P

Jenny the Pirate said...

Girl what are you smoking over there? Haaaahaha just kidding. I watch the same things over and over too. I too am aghast by the Johnny/Amber thing. But his suits sure are pretty, and he is too. I was so glad to find Sweetness's 30-can box of Fancy Feast paté in the NON-seafood flavors, at Walmart ... it has only gone up four dollars. xoxo