Monday, April 18, 2022

Snow on Easter

Well, yeah... We had a little sleet and snow while we were watching TV... it caused a little roar on Facebook. I don't think snow and bluster interfered with my day. I hadn't planned any egg hunts on a great meadow or anything like that. 

We had a beautiful Easter.  I received a stunning bouquet of two dozen roses from my son. We had supposedly "shaken" on no gifts! He also bought me a cool china tea maker...  I guess the Easter Bunny brought him a basket of pickled vegetables, jerky, a few Reeses... nothing comparable to roses! Lol... 

I really enjoyed cooking today...  I made ham with glaze,
 potato casserole, 
Asian slaw, 
deviled eggs, (which don't look too beautiful because I rushed them!)
 and cocoanut....  pie... (purchased frozen...)

We watched a lot of Superstore on Peacock Streaming service... Honestly we're searching for something awesome to watch! Or a project. My son works 10 to 15 hours some days so the weeks are busy. I find myself offering a bit too much unsolicited advice... as if I ever really achieved an ideal niche in my job. Lol... 

This was Easter #3 with the Pandemic... and it brings me to my last really big holiday until my beautiful Autumn ushers in the Queen of Seasonal decorations and celebration. I do enjoy the 4th of July but not like I did as a kid!

I will celebrate Day 365 of Duolingo tomorrow! I must say the reflexive verb usage is STiLL hard! 

I do some lemons and sunflowers and Patriotic Americana... as summer eventually melts us down. And so it goes. 

I still have only 3 items in my Etsy store! Need to step up my game. 


Have a great week. 



4 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well we had a near-identical menu ... ham, potato casserole, deviled eggs ... and I had a store-bought coconut cake but made a fresh Blender Lemon pie which was just fabulous if I do say so! How sweet, the gifts your son gave you, and you to him. That's precious. Spring proceeds apace! Soon it will be summer! xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your food all looks so delicious, and the pumpkins are so detailed and beautiful. Glad you had a good weekend.

Miss Merry said...

HAPPY EASTER! We were invited to a small family gathering at my daughter's on Saturday. For Easter we had a late breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon and a midday meal of cheese, crackers and pepperoni. And for an activity we watched reruns of Law and Order from our recliners. It was a wonderful day! The snow is hitting us now. I am not sure we would have had school if they knew what was coming. The forecast was an inch or so on the grass and probably melting on the pavement. Now we are under a level something and they have called out the salt trucks. Doesn't affect these retirees though!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift from your son to his mama on Easter. I think most of the country had ham on Easter which now leaves me wanting some ham. We had chicken salad on croissants, potato salad, deviled eggs, chips, dip and cheesecake for dessert.