Saturday, December 11, 2021

Merry Christmas!

I realized it had been a few minutes since I posted, and I had not shared the 
Christmas joy that has slipped into place almost effortlessly this year. I did open my 
Christmas Closet, took one look at the 13!!!!! totes in there, and shut the door.  The only thing I miss desperately is a quilt and the Nativity Scene. However, I will just have to suffer this year and hope for another year to do it differently. Unbelievably, all this finery was tucked in cabinets and storage actually in our living areas.  Mom had a Christmas Closet/Santa Closet, and it provided most of the decor except for little touches I robbed from the china cupboards and, of course, the Snow Babies, who were waiting in a hutch nearby.  My Son didn't have to do very much (which is just the way he likes it), and we were done.



Santa is right here with his reindeer!


She loves to tuck herself in every little nook on every little couch...





My son bought me some cool color-changing lights. They are hooked up to Alexa!  I think some white bottle brush trees would be amazing in the back of the village.



My dear little Christmas stocking made for me by my mom...  I was glad I never put it away too far because I would have had to dig out those totes if I hadn't found it!
















My son starts a new job on Monday, working from home. Actually he will be doing the same job as he has been, but will work directly for the company!  He is a computer developer for Little Caesar's. It will be a better salary, and he feels much more appreciated.  So important for our little spirits in the workplace. 


Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, where to begin? I don't usually care for the Santa figures, but I DO love yours! They are special and beautiful! Yours are the first I have seen that I like. Especially the blue one. Other favorites are the lantern with the scene inside, the kids on the old fashioned sleigh, your beautiful blue draping on the table in the last one (is that a rug)? What a wonderful idea!!! I want to copy it! But the best prnment of all is sweet kitty!

Jeanie said...

Your home is so cozy and festive! I love each and every photo/ornament -- it's beautiful. So warm and welcoming. The painting of the three children reading -- the woman who owned the house I bought used to have that hanging on what is now my family room wall. I wish she'd left it behind; it has always been one of my favorites. It looks wonderful in your home. And I especially love your kitchen. Merriest to you!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well Gayla you have outdone yourself this time! It is all so warm and sweet and charming. The little stocking that your mother made you brought tears to my eyes. Our Erica's middle name is Jean; I love that name. So happy for your son in his new job. Merry Christmas to you my friend! xoxo