Monday, October 4, 2021

Happy October!

I've really been soaking up the October vibes! I look forward to this month all year. 

No news is good news... so they say.  I finally seemed to get some real space made in my studio. Pitched a little more junk... I made three more journals:
These were a lot of fun.  

Confession:
Trying to save a little money this month.  We've had lots of unexpected repairs and purchases and expenses this year.  I tend to buy stuff in the middle of the night! You know, sometimes a person finds herself in the middle of the kitchen with a brownie and a glass of milk... Well,  yeah... I've done that, too. But really,  I have a lot of fidgets at night and I watch YouTube...  yep... the next morning I'll see I've ordered a 12 x 12 paper pad or a grab bag of vintage lace... or Instacart groceries! Nothing horrific, but... it's a guilty pleasure I'm watching out for this month... Time to use up some of what I've been stashing!

Picture from Facebook

We had chili for Octobet 1st. Our current recipe is different from the past... but it is still sweet..I now use 1/4 c. Sugar free maple syrup in the recipe... I used to use sorghum.  

CHILI
3 # browned hamburger, drained if needed
1 large can or 2 small tomato puree, sauce, diced, or anything tomato-ey
1 1/2 c beef broth... or more... or less
1 regular can chili beans [I used to put in up to  4!]
1/4 c. Syrup or Molasses or brown sugar
Big squeeze of ketchup
Salt,  pepper; 
Lots of chili powder, less of cumin. [I don't measure but pour it into my palm and go BAM!......like Emeril!] I use a lot.
2 T. Worchestershire
Sometimes a little bit of chili flakes or just a kiss of sweet pickle vinegar... 

Simmer 30 minutes [or not, but it's better if I do]
Facebook pic

HAPPY OCTOBER! ENJOY!

Facebook pic

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Amazon Prime is the bane of my budget. We never had it until the pandemic started and I needed medical supplies delivered to my door. I am now the meme where I see the man in the brown van more than I see my family and am surprised to open the boxes. I really need to cut the cord.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The photos are beautiful! And yur recipe for the chili looks so warming and yummy. I love scrolling thru Amazon at night!