Sunday, August 1, 2021

Good morning, August!


The day began with chaffles... a new concept shared by one of you, Jenny the Pirate. She has a cool blog called "I'm having a thought here." [The recipe calls for a half cup of shredded mozarella, one egg, and a T. Almond flour. Mix and cook in a mini waffle maker. Yields 2.]  In absence of almond flour, I've been using gluten free bisquick, and these were made with sharp cheddar shreds. They are deee-lish!

I finally gave up my early morning dreams and crawled out of bed. I was having really visual, beautiful dreams about being a wise and tiny Korean mother flying high into the clouds with the assistance a cluster of emerald and rose-colored balloons... I was off to rescue someone! A group on the ground was trying to alert the military not to shoot me down! My kimono was long and fluttering in the wind... beautiful shades of Grey, azure, and crimson....  lol... you know, the basic dream that you keep trying to go back and re-join to finish the job! I'm sure I saved the day! How could that go Wrong? 


I'm going to repaint this little sign,.but I just felt the need to see Mom's beautiful words she told me while I was helping her through one of her rare cranky days after her stroke. Exactly... I think most of us at our ages know how to change the color of a day.  But do we use that super power for good or evil? Hmmm? 


Here we are in August of Year 2 of the pandemic. Possibly never in our lives have we needed this strength more. 

My son and I were talking about the "go-to" conversations or processes that seem to live in our conscious minds. He said his usually revolve around code for his computer programming or code for a video game he would like to create. Wow! I mean no disrespect, but I would probably die if my mind constantly revolved around integers! 


I told him mine revealed either projects or more likely conversations inhabited by my parents and grandparents now gone from this earth. His reaction to my interior monologue? Precisely the same as mine! Oh, how funny!

Have a wonderful and safe August. May we color wisely and kindly... ❤





3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

the chaffles are really good! I like your plates, they look like Temptations? Wow, what awesome dreams you have!

Robin said...

It sounds like you have amazing dreams. I don't think I've ever dreamed or even thought about wearing a kimono. So nice, so vivid and colorful. I liked your conversation about your interior monologue. Mine is usually centered around what I want to get done that day and what I need to do to make sure dinner will come together like things thawed or prepared, or baked Enjoy your blog.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Yes indeed! Color wisely. I'm so glad you are enjoying chaffles. I love them. BTW if you ever need a slightly larger number, to share or if you're just hungrier, you can use two eggs, two T of almond flour, and 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella to make three big fat chaffles. I just love these with Maple Grove sugar-free syrup! Feels like cheating, but it's not. xoxo