Saturday, July 10, 2021

Storm Front...

This old nation is really being bombarded with storm, hurricane, earthquake, and scorching heat... I hope you are all safe! 

We lost some old limbs last night, and the stormy noises sent my cat burrowing through and under the pillows up to greet me. I will admit I was a little worried to feel the presence of an unknown creature and see the ripples under the covers... my covers... Her eyes were like huge reflectors  when I got the courage to lift the corner of my quilt. 
We tried gluten free waffles this morning with keto syrups. Wow! Not sure what we were celebrating, but it was delicious. 

I used the gluten free mix that is kind of like Bisquick.  ALDI carries it. And I ordered the syrups from Amazon. 


I have discovered Home Town on Amazon Prime... so I have been binge watching those kids renovating houses and changing lives... we did our kitchen four years ago and I still can't believe it.... I still want to finish up a couple counters, but it is always so fun to go in and have coffee in the early morning!

I cleaned out some cabinets this week. My next project <ongoing> is that studio! It looks so j u.n.k.y! I need the Amish girls back but we are still all alone in our socially-distanced Oasis. 
Have a fun weekend. 

Tomorrow would be my Daddy's 97th birthday! He would have been out working at the trees with his chain saw this morning! Even at 97... ❤
oh, I forgot to mention how fun it was to use this mini wafflemaker... slow though! I don't recommend it for a crowd. Waffles are about 3 inches. Amazon. 


4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I like my Dash waffle maker, but I agree that is takes a while to make them. What a great photo of your Dad!

Unknown said...

Love that picture of you and your dad. You were a little cutie, and your dad was very handsome. It's hot here! Hope you and your son are staying safe and cool. Those waffles? YuM!!

Miss Merry said...

Your breakfast looks so delicious! I like watching HGTV shows, too. It must be nice to have those unlimited budgets.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love my Dash waffle maker, but you're right that it's slow. I make chaffles ... you probably already know this but one egg, one tablespoon of almond flour, and a half cup of shredded mozzarella makes two waffles. I use Maple Grove Farms sugar free syrup (wonderful) and you really feel like you're feasting on waffles. Such fun but I will look up your keto syrups because I would love to try the caramel one. Happy week! xoxo