Thursday, July 22, 2021

Scrapping...

I have been working on the margins thing... lol... created a reading nook in my bedroom and also have been working on some more junk journals. 

I have a new habit of saving some of my night's sleep to konk out in my chair during my son's work day... 

I'm so un-sleepy at night... hmmmm... wonder why.

Tomorrow my lawn man comes to trim up some ornamental evergreens and remove an old patio/nostalgia spot/ugly area from the front yard. Why is it that every time I change something I feel like I am disappointing my parents... ? 

Oops! I forgot to crop out my messy desk!.I clear it between projects, but by the time I finish a book, the layers of ephemera and goodies are really overwhelming! 


I saw this cross stitch... I did NOT do this myself, but I liked the wording.  However, I probably won't heed them. I rather enjoy looking back!

My pink Spring and Summer tree has been put away. About half the lights quit, of course,  so I have moved into early Autumn/late Summer...  I have to show you later because last night was brutal. I broke a huge mercury glass ornament. It actually exploded on the floor. Then the silk hydrangeas I ordered from Amazon came with stems optional! I have tried to glue the stupid stems they sent into the flower... some assembly required! And I must have spaced out I needed three strands of lights... ugh... and the final "straw"? I thought little natural cat tails and fox grass would be a pretty touch poofing out of my peachy pink tree with white corded orange lights....  Miss Callie thinks they need to come OUT! 
So I have to go rescue either the grass or the cat... my Son has taken up the fight, but Callie's life motto is " I DO what I WAnT!" Lol... Bad Kitty?  Naw... just spoiled rotten. 



5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Love your scrappy work! It is so much fun to look at it.

LOL-Your kitty and my puppy must be related. Naughty is their middle name(s). xo Diana

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, I hope Callie didn't eat any! I am really, really looking to lots of shots of your fall tree! Because I have wanted to make one for years, but don't have the creativity. Maybe I can copy some of what you have done.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Your journals are Victorian beauties!!!

Miss Merry said...

Love the journals!! And don't feel guilty about change. Your parents are rooting for you to make it your own with improvements.

Jeanie said...

You have some wonderful vintage art for your journals. I love them all!