Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Bunny Love

Well, How was Easter for all of you? We had a lot of fun here and really enjoyed the weekend. I made an old fashioned meatloaf, Asian salad, and green bean casserole with bunny (moose) tracks ice cream. 


We watched quite a bit of our three series... And we made two batches of beef jerky. The first batch was too hot/spicy for me, but this last one is great!


My friend sent us treats from a Keto Etsy shop.


I was able to enjoy a few days of glory from this gorgeous pink magnolia tree my parents planted before Jack Frost zapped the blossoms. 


My son... he has decided to bless me with roses! These were sitting on the kitchen table early Friday morning. 


Mr. Easter Bunny left a small stash for my son, too.  For one thing, I created him a Little Golden book of The Brothers Grimm in its native German. Little Red Riding Hood.  My son has been teaching himself German during the Pandemic with Duolingo. He is amazing!




I also made cards and a little bunny journal for a friend. I used a lot of images from My Porch Prints from Etsy. 



Let me know in the comments how you spent your Easter weekend. I hope you have a safe and happy April. 





Whimsy and Hugs!

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your bunny journal is delightful! That looks like a lot of scissors! I never seem to have enough. Can I ask where you got the blue truck, I have been looking for one just like it. I have never heard of a Pink Magnolia, all the ones here are white.

Unknown said...

Very quiet, lots of food that was our Easter. So nice of your son to buy you roses. Very sweet. I am crushing on that blue truck. Love it so much!

Miss Merry said...

Those roses are lovely and what a thoughtful gift for your son! We were going to spend Easter alone, but then my daughter asked if she could come with her kids. When my middle son heard this, he and his wife said they would be over for supper with their two. Then my youngest son and his wife were taking dinner to her parents, but her dad is ill so they decided to drop off dinner and come here. So I went ahead an invited my oldest son and cooked a boat load of food.

We ended up with my daughter and kids and middle son and kids. Oldest son worked an extra shift and youngest sons in law felt better. So we have a frig full of leftovers.

Disclaimer: All the daughters and DILs are nurses and teachers and fully vaccinated. One son is a police officer, one works in a hospital and one is a qualifying transportation worker. So at this time, all my adult children are fully vaccinated. We both had our first dose of Moderna and get our second dose this weekend. I couldn't wait to be able to go out to eat, but we are kind of nervous about leaving the house in two weeks. . . .

Ellen said...

Beautiful Easter gifts, scenes, colors, and kitty! We had a small family dinner and enjoyed the lovely day, too. Spring ranch work is starting...

Jenny the Pirate said...

That bunny journal! How cuuuuuute! I spent my Easter weekend cooking and eating with my family. Went to church. It was all great. xoxo