Thursday, March 18, 2021

Two days until Spring


Some evidence of Spring has begun to enter the warmer corners of home. I was smitten with this blush pink tree, and I just could not get it out of my mind. So... good old Amazon delivered it to my door. I know. I have done nothing but complain about my "too much stuff" for years. I just decided some new stuff might be just what I needed to create an oasis of joy... otherwise known as retail therapy or impulse buying... But I do really love this, even though pink is usually not my go-to color!




Of course, on Pinterest these eggs and green pepper slices looked exactly like shamrocks with flowers inside! But... it was my main attempt for the day, and it made a tasty brunch. I bought some Irish items from Aldi's --- Irish Vintage cheese (whew! sharp white cheddar) and mild Irish cheese (better but I will stick with regular), Irish butters, bangers (weird fully cooked white hot dog/ brat things that cried out for color and more flavor, in my opinion), and an Irish cream cheesecake (that we hate to try due to its carb count!) --- 











Some weeks are better than others, and this has been rather oppressive. I try to refrain from complaint, but I do despise Daylight Savings Time. I have heard that babies spend a good month learning to somehow cope with the change. I guess that makes me a big baby, huh? Shocker! 




We are still staying in quarantine and have not taken the COVID vaccine. We plan to wait a while. My son has some health concerns that do not fit well with some reports of potential, possible long-term issues from the vaccine. We will probably get it, but until some studies are released that I can believe, we are ok with staying home. 



Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love and want almost everything here. The trees, both big and little. I am looking on Amazon for the little one. I love your tray arrangement. I made up one, too. Which I will be posting. Yours is very similar to mine. Your wreath and throw are lovely, as are the metal chickens. And the rabbit hauling the egg with chickens inside, it looks very retro and expensive!!

Miss Merry said...

Your pink tree is adorable!!! We skipped the Irish food this year and had leftover pizza instead. Glad you could use the info on the boxes from Michaels. I keep telling myself that I am committed to get started on my photo sorting. But so far I am still planning the attack.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Everything looks so splendid and cozy, not least that lovely tree! I did a year-round tree last year but in the summer my mother got sick and I was with her until she went to heaven in October. My heart just wasn't in anything until just recently. Your recipe looks good but they never (or rarely ever) work out like the pinterest and instagram versions, do they? Ah well. Happy weekend! xoxo

Unknown said...

We're waiting awhile too. We will get the vaccine eventually, but as of now we're in no hurry. We'll just social distance and keep doing what we've been doing for awhile longer. You and your son will know when you're ready for it. Don't be rushed. I'm loving that bunny couple on your mantel. So cute. Have a nice weekend.