Friday, March 5, 2021

March Winds...


Greetings! I hope you are all having a good late winter! I think everyone's thoughts have turned toward Spring! I will definitely be ready for Spring by the 20th! I am packing away the buffalo plaids and cardinals, the evergreen branches and the last of chilly-frosty decor!!!! And out creeps the softer Spring things! And guess what? I just lost my ever-loving common sense and ordered a blush pink Christmas tree! Me! ??? Not usually a pink girl, but this one whispered my name, I suppose. 


We were called to get the vaccine yesterday, but just couldn't get it together, My son didn't feel great, and that is a no-no, and my car had not been started since January 24, 2020!!!! So it needed tires repaired and a new battery --- and unfortunately mice have chewed the wires on both my car and my son's good truck (the one that I can get into)... So it was a double tow-truck, dollar $ign kind of day. 


Today, however, was a start-your-project kind of day. I started laundry, bathroom cleaning, steak fajitas, getting out the Easter decor, getting out the Summer clothes, cleaning the cat litter, and I dunno what all today. Only the cat litter got finished, and my son did that... 


My Sweetie sent me this photo of the depot in our little town a long time ago... Isn't it fabulous? I would love to have a little gift shop that looks exactly like this. Do you think it was green? I will have to ask someone who knows her local history. 


I have been stitching again... I have the charts for all 12 months, and in the past 3 years I have done 4... Need to get my needle warmed up, I'd say.


Of all the things I did not do, I finally fiddled with this table  setting. 


And I made this for my cousin's February birthday. It will have to take the place of coffees in person a while longer.


Look who got caught high and dry today as the sun came up. Callie has no problems with her plans for the day. She tells me where I keep her Sheba cat treat, and then she migrates from one sunny window in the East...  to the South... and finally to her perch on the love seat in the West. Have a great weekend. 

If  When I finish a project, I will let you see! 




Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Callie is Queen of all she surveys! Your Easter things are so cute! the basket is beautiful, it looks like a Jim Shore. Oh my, your vehicle mishaps! It's a wonder you got so much done!

Miss Merry said...

I am looking for two pink Christmas trees for the nightstands in our bedroom next Christmas. I have spent too much time this winter looking at Christmas bedrooms on the internet and am accumulating the items to put this plan in place for next year! So I totally understand ordering pink Christmas trees, no matter what season. Your spring gingerbread house!! Too cute!!

We finally got vaccine scheduled the minute it opened to our age group. We get to go to a drive thru clinic next Saturday morning at 9 am. Doesn't sound like you got much warning. I am so sorry you couldn't make your appointment.

Your embroidery reminds me of my embroidery project. I am making a block of the month Noah's Arc quilt. There is no reason that I cannot finish the simple primitive drawings in a month and I have done six blocks in eight years.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Now I want a pink Christmas tree! Haaahaha your projects -- both finished and unfinished -- are charming and wonderful. xoxo