Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Guest Post

Whimsy and Hugs!

My Saturday morning was met with the good news/bad news that my son had encountered a 3-4 foot blacksnake in the hall slithering under the closet door. There really wasn't any good news. No. I really over reacted with all kinds of crying, vowing to move, threatening to light the thing on fire, blaming it all on the fact my son learned German during the pandemic...???????   --- your basic irrationality covering me with its shame. My son took to Facebook with his version, so I thought I would let him tell this one.

Facebook Posts by my son this weekend

Hulk smash lol


Scarce few days ago it was suggested that we begin cleaning out the hall closet. Many households have a junk drawer... we have a closet.. over the years this closet has been home to many a toy or winter coat or box of decorations. Upon stepping out of my bedroom this morning, however, I find that it is now the temporary home to a lovely little snake. The adventure begins. Mom has been a huge help! So far she's managed to knock out all of the requisite overreacting and all of it in the first thirty minutes. Armed with some gloves and a trusty headlamp, I head to the closet, and the adventure continues! Channeling Burt Gummer to help me, I hunt the smallest graboid ever amongst countless layers of familial history.

Whew... status report: something something lethal dose is the same as a lifetime supply lol.. there's a lot of stuff in that junk drawer --- er... closet. Good to get a little sweating on lol.. rescued a long not looked through magic collection and so far about ten purses and other random memories. Darn near forgot about the snake! The hunt continues.

One 55 gal trash bag of what's-its, four huge totes of childhood relics, and an unknown number of tins later--- the snake continues to evade me. Taunting with the tip of its tail just out of reach... You win today, Mr. micro graboid, but your time will come.

Status report: three totes of unknown forgotten treasure now reside in one tote and two trash bags. The serpent survives in an undisclosed location. Allergies are furious with me as I'm pretty sure this counts as chemical warfare of some sort. It's hard to believe we put this adventure off for this long and equally hard to admit it would likely still have been procrastinated had the mighty beast not made its presence known... suppose it's not the first time a serpent has influenced the actions of mankind.

--------------------

The end...


---------------

It is only Wednesday, but this week has not gone very well either. Mama said there'd be days like this!








3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

YIKES!!!!!!!!

I hope you find this interloper soon. Even though I never ever leave the house anymore - I might be staying in a motel until your brave son corners the dastard.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, your reaction is better than fainting! And I bet you are not happy that the snake survived! I would have run and screamed. Well, I can't run anymore, so make that a fast limp.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Mama did indeed say that, and she was right. I'd be hysterical too. xoxo