Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Whew!

Well, this year has been whizzing by in a fashion of blurring days and nights, cleaning, laundry (always laundry!) and decisions. I started the project with some excitement. It seemed perfect to have stacks of "stuff" brought out to the kitchen... However, as I clear one load and look about the kitchen with a sense of order and satisfaction, it is with a sigh I realize tomorrow will bring yet another mountain of "treasures." My house, as you shall see, is a maze of stacks and boxes waiting for the big move to another level.

Last night I decided I had forgotten to have supper. I know, right? That is not something I ever do. (Obviously). I sneaked into the kitchen and made a little Sandwich Skinny with chicken and pepper-jack and stone ground mustard. I wanted to sneak so my kitty didn't see... and beg... and pester... and finally be given even one bite. She never asks my son because he refused to ever give in... But, you guys know me. I give in, of course.... tiny bits of the best part on her own little napkin...  Well, I was super quiet, and she did not come in to the kitchen. I slipped into bed and took a bite. Yes. I eat in bed and watch TV, YouTube, and movies on my computer. (Remember. Whimsy!) So far, so good. I took a bite, and then... how spooky. I felt watched. 



"Do the right thing!" she whispered. So I shared.

------------------

My son once said, "Mom, if the world ever needed blankets and covers to save the planet, they would come to you." Yep. The higher the stack, the happier the kitty. She looks like those pictures of "The Princess and the Pea." 


And finally  Do you remember the big catastrophe of breaking my great-grandmother's china doll? I told about it here...  Well, she was stored in a bag deep in the closet being emptied. I have since told my cousins who didn't seem to recall the doll or hold it against me that I killed her. I started to examine the pieces, but they were tiny, twice-trashed flecks of porcelain china dust, and I threw her away... Except oh, that dress! and that beautiful body with china hands and feet... I couldn't. Santa is so mad at me that he said he was going fishing until I found a better spot for her... She is eerie in the corner of my living room, for sure. I think I might "lose my mind... up in here... up in here." She said with a sigh... (and she would be in good company. Whew!


Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Miss Kim said...

I love how your cat roosts on top of that pile! What a little Royal :)
And I think I like the headless statue better this way - LOL!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is indeed a whimsical post! You are kindhearted with your kitty like I am with mine. Wish I could forget to eat!! You must be nice and thin.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Gayla I eat in bed too, and watch TV and YouTubes and play internet solitaire. I love being in my bed, with my dog beside me. I feel safe there. My cat isn't allowed into my bedroom but when I sit in the sun room -- her domain -- and try to eat something, she is all over me like white on rice and I have to put her into her three-level enclosed cat condo until every crumb is gone.

I know this is going to sound really weird but I like headless things. In the eleven years I have been roaming cemeteries, I find that next only to angels, headless figures are my favorite things to come across. And yes; in historic cemeteries, there are lots of those. I think the doll looks great that way. The dress is stunning. xoxo

Miss Merry said...

Hi Gayle - so decadent, eating in bed! Why not- it's your bed!!! I love the blankets. The older I get, the more blankets I have on top of me. I bet you can get a reproduction head on ebay or something to put on top of her. It is your memory doll, you can display her as you like :)