Saturday, January 2, 2021

First Post



Good morning! We were watching an ice storm outside our window yesterday... The cars and Road crews are still crawling along, but the worst may be over. I just hope we keep our power. One thing I really miss would be the real fireplace my dad used to keep through the winter. It was such a secure feeling, despite the dirt and the never-ending trips to his gigantic woodpile. He loaded up the long back porch with inside cords of cut wood and he had a giant reserve woodpile farther out for replenishing when he caught a warm afternoon. We have four burners atop our gas stove for backup heat and questionable pieces of equipment here and there that might be accessible in case of power outages. It is the time of year when I forgive the power company for taking their huge aerial chainsaws and butchering the forests... lol... 

New Year's Eve I made keto crustless quiche (Bacon, cheddar, spinach and onion)... We had all kinds of keto snacks and a charcuterie for the evening meal... Then today I made Pioneer Woman Cowboy chili (I miss the beans) and chocolate chip peanut butter keto mug cake. 



I did not get my projects started yesterday, but if I get to bed here in a little bit, tomorrow will be better for that. Today was a dark one... Good for snoozing, movies, and planning...  2021 is here. 
The only way out is through.
Take care!

Whimsy and Hugs!

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your crustless quiche looks wonderful, how did you make it? Just what you sadi, plus eggs as a binder? Whenever we have ice, my worst fear is power loss! I hope yours stays on!

Miss Merry said...

Your quiche looks so yummy!!! Times like this is when I appreciate retirement and NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE.

NanaDiana said...

I made crustless quiche for Christmas morning for hubby and myself. I don't like ice storms-will take snow any day over that!
Hope you have a blessed, wonderful 2021. xo Diana

Jenny the Pirate said...

Your crustless quiche looks amazing and I'm going to have to pass that idea on to my daughter, who would love that. All your recipes sound great! The only way out is through ... boy, that's the truth. I prefer to put it this way, though: If you're going through hell, keep on going. That one will be put to the test this year, I'm afraid. xoxo

Elizabeth said...

I was so anxiuos to know what my husband was always doing late outside the house so i started contacting investigators and was scamed severly until i almost gave up then i contacted this one private investigator and he delivered a good job showing evidences i needed from the apps on his phone like whatsapp,facebook,instagram and others and i went ahead to file my divorce papers with the evidences i got,He also went ahead to get me back some of my lost money i sent to those other fake investigators,every dollar i spent on these jobs was worth it.Contact him so he also help you.
mail: bestappshackers@gmail.com
text on whatsapp +1 6026094730