Thursday, December 10, 2020

What? How many days?

Well... hi. Who was that woman who posted she would be right back with her house all decorated? Gosh... I am sure glad nothing depends on my consistency! I decided to side track and get our cards all done. Turns out I did not have very many of those cards I had hoarded saved for years... Turns out it takes a long, long time to make, address, stuff with holiday letter and tea, decorate envelopes and then stamp 80 cards! They go out tomorrow--- except a few I need more postage---still...  I took a longer time to write our letter this year... I wanted to say something, and it just involved thinking and sticking to task... (That right there puts me in trouble! )

So yesterday I saw some young teacher post there were 16 days left! I really almost gave up! Then I remembered the year Mom decorated a real tree on Christmas Eve. I think that was an old European tradition. We were just busy that year... Then yesterday I saw another young person on YouTube who said she deep cleaned her rooms before decorating. Well... I woke up ready to "kill a bear" this morning... and I moved furniture and deep cleaned. So, here's my spirit-filled powder room...  I hope tomorrow is more powerful!



Changed out my primitive curtains to my Winter snowmen... They replace  late Summer/Fall crows and stay up until Spring/Early Summer bunnies... 



If I feel festive, I have one room to celebrate... Don't judge me... lol 

Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

When my kids were young, we would shop on Christmas Eve afternoon (my husband had Christmas Eve off, I always worked until noon) for a live tree and decorate it on Christmas Eve. While others were taking their trees down, ours would stay up through Epiphany in January. Unfortunately we still keep the artificial tree up until Epiphany as tradition and then there is no hurry to take it down since it isn't shedding needles LOL. Sometimes it is Valentines Day.

I used to volunteer to work the day after Thanksgiving while my co-workers took off to shop. I traded for a random day off in December when I could be home alone to bake. Now that I am home everyday all day - well, I have ingredients but never seem to have the ambition to bake cookies.

I think your snowman window is just perfect!

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite is the beautiful green Santa with the peppermint soap! What a beautiful scene! NO judging! I have about the same number of cards to send, and it is my least favorite task of the season. So you have done good! Let us see anything else you put up!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

No judging here!!! LOL

Never like doing cards... So I stopped one year.... The world did not stop, when I did.

Deep cleaning before decorating!!! Eeeeeeek!!! I saw one of those, too. Not I! Not I!!!! >,-))))

Did what decorating we do... And it looks warm and cheery. That's all I need. -smile-

Per usual, my view is... Do just what makes YOU happy. In everything! One does have to change the sheets, and stuff like that. But in all the other stuff, do what makes YOU happy.

Like I gotta' have things neat. That is very important to me. Soooo, neatness counts around here. Happily my husband agrees.

And I don't pay attention to the Christmas Countdowns!!!!!! Good grief!!! -grin-

🎄 🎅 🎁 🎄

Jeanie said...

I love your room and no judgment here! The Santa is great and so is that cute bear on the window ledge with the other pretties. I'm still wrapping to mail what might become new year's gifts and the last of the cards, so I so get it! I'll finish decorating soon. I hope!