Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Stitchin' in the Moonlight...


Good Wednesday morning! I have been stitching a little in the "moon window" of my house. Here I view her majesty, the moon, in the wee hours of the morning rather than watch her rise in a blaze of titan glory... Although I miss my bed in the eastern bay window of my old place, I will admit I am totally in love with the western moon in the winter when the trees oblige in silhouette before her brilliance...

Bottom line: I love me some moon... whenever I can get her! 



I found this blur of a memory tucked into a book. The thought struck my mind that neither one of those people is still alive (although I am blessed to actually be alive, and I know it)--- and both of them are (I don't make sense, do I? It is too early????)... My dear dad  is sitting there in those green service clothes he wore every day to Ma Bell...  I often tease my son that his room has the same scent as Bell Telephone Company did years ago... it is a technology smell of wire and, I like to think, magical ozone... lol Science and Math were not my strengths... Shocker, I know...  Daddy passed away many years ago, but even through those years technically "apart" he still teaches me daily...and brings me perseverance and contentment.  That thin, teen thing (me!) sitting next to him has something in her hand? or she's pointing? I remember that day and oh, those clothes... I would charge my Discover to the max and then some for those arms! lol

This morning I pointed my camera at the moon, at my stitching (which you'll see in a moment) and then at myself (which you won't!) ha ha ha! I couldn't find this girl in the viewer--- but a Cinderella's godmother/swamp witch sort of person was staring at me with shock and disbelief! Whew... If any human ever needed self-care and a beauty regimen, it might be this girl! Ugh! I used to think care giving was aging me, and then now... I suppose it is the nagging worries I constantly "shoo" out of my mind... Health, my son, this unusual year, the Pandemic, for Heaven's Sake, my friends and family and their trials... "Welcome to the Jungle," my Gramma would say. "It happens to the best of us... " It couldn't be the "Ticking Villain" called time. could it? Naw... not for moi. 


Dawn has arrived, rosy-fingered, (nod to Homer) and I feel rested.... well,  more than usual. I hope to bring out a few touches of Christmas today, with the key concept of "Comfort and Joy" as this year's theme, if you will. What more could we petition? 






Wowza! My fabric looks electric blue in the illumination of my Ott light. I am strangely okay with that... call me mellow yellow! Yeah. yeah. yeah.... Stay safe. Stay Merry and Bright... and I wish you all... Tidings of Comfort and Joy!


Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Gayle, I loved your pictures. And the memory of your father. Me too honey, me too. I miss my parents so much. Yes, care giving is a tough thing. It certainly has aged me. Blessings and hugs to you, xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

An interesting photo of your mom and dad, she was beautiful! It is a treasure! Your dawn shot is gorgeous, both inside and out. I have many, many different kinds of flavored Keurig pods, but have never seen this Apple Crumb!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a delightful old picture, of you and your Dad!!!!!!

🎄 🎅 🎁 🎄