Thursday, December 31, 2020

It's Not Oatmeal...

Why not? Without further rigmarole, I hereby proclaim the word of the year 2021 to be




I googled it and found the following:

whim·sy
/ˈ(h)wimzē/
noun
noun: whimsy; noun: whimsey
  1. playfully quaint or fanciful behavior or humor.
    "the film is an awkward blend of whimsy and moralizing"
    • a whim.
      plural noun: whimsies; plural noun: whimseys
    • a thing that is fanciful or odd.
      "the stone carvings and whimsies"
Origin

Whimsy is what a person who's a dreamer and out of step with the real world might have lots of. People who are full of whimsy are odd, but often fanciful and lovely, like Harry Potter's friend Luna Lovegood. Whimsy is also a whim — something you do just because you want to.
================================

Not bad, eh? I still plan to accomplish stuff, to love, be grateful, intentional, hopeful... all the good words that screamed at me this year, but then... I started to hate them. 

Despite the fact I am now definitely the boss of me, I am kinda tired. Sometimes I want to push on and climb every mountain, and honestly... sometimes I just want to get a slice of pepper-jack cheese and stare at the color of the sky. I end with these delightful graphics I found with whimsy in their store names, life styles, titles, or product... How relaxing. I believe I need this word after last year when  I chose roar for the 2020 motto... to honor the quietest year of the world.... since radio... lol

Happy New Year!
















Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is the PERFECT word for the year, because it is what so many need right now!! A little Whimsy always makes everything better and is a wonderful break from monotony. I love all your images, especially the lady with the forest in her hair.

linda said...

Happy new year!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Whimsy will work! xoxo