Tuesday, December 15, 2020

It's in the mail!

Today when my mail lady gets in her car, she will have this shawl/wheel-chair afghan for a friend in Florida. I hope it brings her joy. She had a stroke over a year ago, and her son is her care giver. I was blessed to be a care giver for my mother, but I cannot imagine the stress of being one during the Pandemic... My heart goes out to all of you who are giving your hearts and your days for love... 


I made her a rose one last Christmas. She calls it her magic blanket and asked for a blue one, too... 


It measures 45 inches square



Yarn is Caron Latte Cakes Velvet Teal.  Pattern? Why, Granny, of course!

Whimsy and Hugs!

5 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

Gayla that shawl is just delightful. what a kind and thoughtful thing to do for your friend. I don't do yarn work (or yard work, hahahaha) but I don't know why because it fascinates me. That yarn you used IS magical! The fuzzy softness and the colors are precious. A true treasure and instant heirloom. I feel for both your friend and her son, and pray they have a happy Christmas despite their woes. xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is beautiful; how wonderful of you! Bringing joy to others is the real true spirit of Christmas!!

Pam said...

The shawl is amazing and you are such a sweetheart for doing that. Thanks for sharing. I think we all need to remember to show the reason for the season and you have done it beautifully.

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Jeanie said...

It will bring her joy -- I absolutely guarantee it! It's simply beautiful!

NanaDiana said...

I am sure that will bring her much joy. It is beautifully done. What a lucky friend. I hope you have a great week.
Looks like that stupid hacker got you. Just block him/her. That's what I did. lol. xo Diana