Sunday, November 15, 2020

November feels like Time...

Moments of crystal mist... that sounds like November, does it not? Last night the banshee-wind was so fierce she cracked open my dreams and became a part of the story. I could have sworn I woke from my dream and locked an interior door against intruders, then peered outside to see if I could glimpse their shadows. I lay there musing whether I had done so or dreamed it until I realized my dear Mom and Gramma had been there talking to me... so that must have been my subconscious dreaming away, allowing the troubling storm inside but protecting myself with company who would never hurt me... not in one million years. It must have been some storm because we woke up to discover the earlier gales in mid-day had blown two duck decoys into our yard! Now my yard is miles away from the nearest lake or even a pond... ????????  Seriously????  No clue. Somewhere a wayward member of a flock of ducks may be safer because that decoy didn't get employed in a hunter's morning... 


My son has to take some time off before the new year because his company allows only 40 accrued hours of paid/earned leave to carry over a calendar and fiscal year... Since he works from home and never calls in, he had a week and a half in June and another batch stored up for the close of 2020. So he has been taking Fridays off, and we have been binge-watching some television series. 

I have been considering the Fall holidays and Christmas. Isn't it amazing how different the world over has become? Most people have bigger families to consider. I have some dear family and friends I cannot see this year. I am truly grateful for the telephone and the computer. The virus is up in arms, running rampant  here, and several friends have had it now-- all recovering, thank goodness! But our county has seen deaths and serious sickness from it. I guess I have to come up with an alternative to the cozy chats so dear to my heart around my table. For now... For at least this year anyway... Stay tuned. My wheels are churning, --- mainly through the nights as I have completely reversed my biological daily clock and spend most days truly exhausted from these mental gauntlets I navigate from sunset until early light. I think I might be getting  feeling a little older... lol. It is about time! I usually am about the age of these girls in my spirit... Which one would you be? I would like to think I am the confident one in the center, but truly I am either the one on the right feeding her face and checking to discover what everyone is thinking... or I am more like the sober socks, second from the left, mulling over what next to do...  

If I feel I am aging too much, I will just have to ......stop and take a nap. Hugs!

Photo source: Pinterest



Have yourselves some happy November days and restful nights, and I will do the same. I have much to be grateful for. Thankful. Grateful. Blessed... 

Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

When we were being brave and patriot over Easter, I did not imagine that we were forgoing Thanksgiving and Christmas with family,too. I am out of ideas for how to celebrate anymore holidays. Baaa Humbug. Hopefully a few sunny days might lighten my mood.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Naps are the order of the day for us! Especially since we are all home much more! Glad to hear you are doing well. Your photo of the soft mist is gorgeous! I would wish to be the girl in the center, so happy and joyful. Ahhh, the innocence of childhood.

NanaDiana said...

Gayla- What unsettling dreams but glad they were 'safe' ones for you in the end. How nice that your son has time to enjoy some time off from work. What series are you watching? I am about out of series to watch now. lol
Gorgeous photos and I hope you have a wonderful week- xo Diana