Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Dark o' the Moon...

Well. believe it or not I was awakened by a really loud hoot owl right outside the window. I think it might be the one I saw earlier this fall... He or she is definitely spookier here at 2:15 a.m.


The corn has been combined now, and most mornings are misty and lovely like this one. 


I had a splendid day of full on energy today, which has been rare. I worked in my kitchen and revisited the counter tops.


I love this sign I found last year on Ebay! 


Today I asked my son a rhetorical question When will I ever learn? I asked him why I had out 18 Autumn mugs for two people. I thought he would say, "I dunno."   But... he knew.... and it was. not. pretty or necessary! So he didn't really say... What a keeper! lol


 Forgive me, those of you who are dreading winter! I just purchased this snow-lover sign from an Ebay seller, so I had stuck it in the  dishwasher reverie window... (The fact is, though... I love snowy days and flurried night skies so much...)  We are set to reach 31 degrees as a low this week, our first real frost. 


I'm getting the mileage from this cute basin I found on Hobby Lobby bargain page! I clipped this scissor fob to the spigot to make it pour out delirious Agua de OtoƱo!!! Nectar of the gods!


I finished this little stitch... almost but not quite ruined it with the poor job of matting/final finish... Ugh!



I bought this pack of what was advertised as DMC thread. It isn't, but I will keep it for my journals. It might be ok for anything. I just sure would hate to ruin a stitched piece!



Aldi's and my mom came through for this corner of the kitchen. I was kinda gloomy not to have real pumpkins, but Aldi's had some listed so I got a couple. Then today I was rummaging to find a magical flame-bulb like this. I told my son that his granny always had a stash in a certain drawer! Voila! There are two left... I will have to replenish!



I am not sure about this one. Kinda looks like my freshman in high school  Algebra 1 days ----when I opened a window and stuck my arm outside---- so all of me didn't have to be in class (Forgive me, Mrs. Watkins!)


Have a lovely October! 


Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Everything looks beautiful and that owl would have scared me at 2 o'clock in the morning too!

Miss Merry said...

So pretty! I love your countertops and new sign. I don't have that many autumn mugs, but I believe I could cater a party with my quantity of Christmas mugs!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I adore your things! But the mugs and rack, WOW!! I, too, have a lot of mugs for Fall and Easter. I have many, they are a weakness for me. When I see a cute one, I must buy it. And they are so cheap at T.J. Maxx! Awesome ones for under $4:00. I just must know where you got this mug and plate rack, I want it!! Can you tell me? It is hard to find one that will hold this many without topping over. I love everything in your kitchen. The cute little drawers, Pioneer Woman? I have some, but a bit different. what do you keep in them?