Thursday, August 27, 2020

Yesterday Once More


Don't you love this photo of my parents in the 40's? I think it is probably around 1943 or 4... That beautiful letter sweater! Mom just looks happy, her long hair pinned up or blown so wildly... hard to tell. And Daddy had such pretty hair. 



These last ones are my dad as a little boy... I have been working on a couple top secret projects I can show you after September 5th. I like to look in the eyes of these pictures and try to encounter the essence of my parents I  knew so well... I try to imagine myself into the picture somehow as his friend. It reminds me of that Disney World commercial from a few years back that showed a mom and her daughter and then a man and his son... They get on a ride like that and then the next shot shows two "kids" riding that ride---both parents having become kids again supposedly... Every time I saw that commercial I cried.  It makes me cry just pondering it. Time... such a fluid vehicle that hauls us through our lives. 

Oh, Corona, you are screwin' with my mind! lol...  What was that song by Styx? T-t-t-too Much Time on her Hands?




Whimsy and Hugs! 

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I love these photos! I do agree there is way too much time for contemplation during these times. And I do feel that time is slipping away sometimes.

Linda Tucker said...

So very precious. I love looking at pictures of my mom and dad. It seems during this time I am missing them more and more. They were always a comfort to my soul. Love seeing your parents. :)

Susie said...

Gayla, I love your pictures. Yes, what a sweet photo of your parents in their young love. Looks like your dad was a dapper dresser in his young years. So darn cute. I am hating this time of covid...no hugs from our loved ones. I miss my children. Honey, my parents have been gone 14 years for mommy and 16 for daddy. I still miss them. I do not think we ever get over longing for our parents. Blessings to you, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your parents were a gorgeous couple. And they look so happy!

Jeanie said...

I love vintage family photos. Your parents look so very happy and relaxed in that first one. I love that!

I think I was commenting on your last post when my computer crashed on me yesterday and froze. So I don't think it went through. Sorry about that!