Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Setting an Intention

After spending such a long while on lock-down, it has finally become a tidge repetitive. I was journaling last night, trying to fix this shade that has inched into my life. It finally dawned on me I have set goals for tasks and planned projects, but since there is no "company's coming" deadline, they may get done Monday... or they may get slid to Thursday. Who really cares, as long as progress and productivity continue and my month's chores get checked off my list? 



I figured out during my days battling that hideous vertigo... I mainly sat and recounted my life's blessings and felt sorry for all those who feel like this all this time... I sat almost motionless and let my son handle the phone... (that's purty sick, for me). I am doing much better, thanks to the good advice of you all... sleeping on only one side, watching motion on screens, etc. During the first days of feeling better, I set little intentions: do one load of laundry. Make a tomato salad. Change bed linens... some even smaller. I was happy if I actually accomplished one single little thing. Sometimes it took me all day. The rest of the day I just tried to be happy.



So I have decided to try that... setting intentions and beginning the task... then just "be" a bit... I don't know about you, but I just don't feel right unless I am doing stuff. I don't actually accomplish as much as many people in my world... but I am not very happy with myself unless I am "doing." I remember reading once we are human beings, not human doers. Live accordingly. 



My son watches mindless things on YouTube. It kinda drives me crazy. I watch people doing things like creating, cleaning, refinishing furniture, sewing quilts... That also drives me crazy because I feel lazy and ready to fly into one project after another! Since Vertigo, I watch less. That seems better. 



Oh, and there's Keto. I really have been good for six weeks.  Yuck! He is on week 8, losing 7-10 pounds a week. I am not sure I have lost anything... lol. However, that's neither here nor there, as Gramma would say. 



Today's intention: setting up my sewing area. I have a new sewing machine! 


Whimsy and Hugs!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Vertigo. I'm so sorry. It's awful.

One day at a time, one task at a time. Seems like a fine idea to me.

Susie said...

Gayla, My husband had a bout of vertigo once. He went to the dr. and that dr gave him a routine of exercises to do and it helped. My husband later complained about the 700 dollars that was charged to insurance. I told him it was a cheap price to be cured and not keep going back to the dr. I would send you those exercises if I could find them. I did not know how or why you have vertigo, I will surely pray for you. Hoping it will help. Stay strong. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry, vertigo is very disabling. And it can make you so nauseus, too. Back many years ago, I used to have to crawl when I had it. Maybe that is why my knees are bad now, ha ha! Well, sometimes we just need to "be still" as the bible ays, so it can be a good thing. I love these key wind chimes! Love your pretty mug, and the moon is spectacular! It looks like a Harvest moon.

racheld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
racheld said...

I've been WAY out of communication with so many of you wonderful friends, and wanted to drop in and say I've missed all of you. We're going along day by day, and it seems that any little accomplishment helps make things progress. I hope your vertigo eases and desists, for that must be so disconcerting and enervating, and I know what a busy person you like to be.

"Setting Intentions" is going into my daybook, right there with the "silken obedience" of the wheat. That sound ever so much more promising and industrious than the old Southern "workin' toward" that I think I'M doing. And a postponement of our guests yesterday from THIS Friday to the next, and guess who hasn't been near mop, broom or pan all morning? Stay WELL, my faraway friend.
edited to change an errant "their" to "there." That there word woulda haunted me all day.

Miss Merry said...

Vertigo is just awful. My daughter suffered with it years ago and it was so hard to try to help her. She was only comfortable (moving made her so sick to her stomach) if she just laid perfectly flat in the dark. Not much of a life. And then to have a global pandemic on top of it. Awful just awful. (hugs)

Meanwhile - waiting to see this new sewing machine!