Monday, August 24, 2020

Planning for September

Good morning! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I am getting ready for the final week in August. 


Not sure exactly which tasks seem   most important or even fun... I have almost checked off the whole Summer List... slowly. Time to start my Autumn list, I guess. 


I am ready to celebrate my son'a birthday the 5th of September. That never happens. Years ago my school paid us our May, June, July, and August checks on the 20th of May. Our next check would be September 20th, 15 long barren days after his birthday. I had a lot of debt then, and Summer had a lot of places for that "windfall," and... I was still can be kinda bad about money burning a hole in my pocket... So his birthday was always in a very painful stretch for me... Our big Bevier festival, Bevier Homecoming, was unfortunately placed He laughs and says he never noticed it a bit. Thanks to his wonderful grandparents, that's probably true. I was big on planning some theme thing and having some of his friends stay over... My son will be 39 this year (which is incidentally impossible because I am only about 28... lol) He has been through some health issues but is doing better in many ways. I don't guess we will invite a bunch for a party or game night, but it will be fine, and I am so grateful he is feeling better. 


I am wishing you all the very best for August's last nod. My friend was telling me her decorating turned to muted pinks and browns in August and blues and golds in September. She waits until October to add in her deeper orange. That sounds really fun. Her home is always clean and elegant. Back when I used to visit her, I never wanted to leave. I want to have that feeling here. Tootles!







Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

i hope you have a wonderful celebration with your son. These earrings are beautiful. I already have all my fall things out! Well, it takes me so long that I wanted to start early!

Jeanie said...

Happy End of August! I love your journals.