Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Morning Thunder

Whimsy and Hugs! Greetings from... the exact same place you found me since February! Lucky for us, my son and I seem to be true homebodies. And our little cat has become so spoiled that she fusses quite loudly when one of us leaves her area! I could share photos of my long, summer naps and sleepless nights..... but Callie offered to model for ya! Much... much cuter!

July 15th is here with early morning storms. My dad always said he wanted a good rain for his birthday, which would have been the eleventh. He used to take the entire month of July off from Ma Bell Telephone after he'd worked long enough to get four weeks of vacation. We worked in the hayfields during that hot, sweltering month. My jobs were so minimal. I took the hay hands water. Yep. I helped cook their mid day meal. That's it. Sometimes in the evening I drove the '47 pickup or the Ferguson tractor and hay sled through the field while Daddy threw on bales, the small round ones, and we brought in a load or two. He wore dark green work clothes and walked along smiling, covered in hayseed, obviously loving every minute of his life --- loving hard, hot, open-air work so much.




Since I last posted, I went wild and freed the house of anything non-diet. I decided it was the best help for my son's success, not to mention myself. So.... very blah on cooking news. Unless you are interested in keto crustless pizza... not bad, but... Pizza Hut is safe from my competition.


I bit the bullet and ordered two phones for my son and me... Ours were just driving us distracted. I had not realized that Samsung had joined the ranks of companies with non-replaceable (at home) batteries, much like the Apple products and Amazon kindles. So tomorrow we get to play with Samsung S -10's. (Whatever that includes)... I hope the camera is fun! I have my priorities!




Have a good week, and do something fun for me. I have started some large projects for gifts, and have an order to go in for beautiful yarn, material, and batting. I don't sew, but I have the desire to make a quilt. I will start small????  Right. That sounds just like me! 

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are not going anywhere either. And when we have to grocery shop, we dress like we are getting ready for battle...which we ARE! I did not know that any cell phones had non-replaceable batteries!! I hope your new phones are fun and easy. You will have to let us know.

Jeanie said...

We're having some late-in-the-day thunder and soon, rain. It's getting quite dark. Ah, well. We do need the water! Take care. It will be fun to see what your gift projects will be.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Excellent!!!! Getting rid of all the things, you and your son, should not be eating. It is the very best way, to maintain a life style.

You are both so lucky, both needing the same life style!!! Much easier, than when one needs to eat differently than the other person in the house.

Best of luck to both of you!!!