Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy Independence Day!

Good morning! I hope you had some fun activities planned for the 4th. I am ready to hear them!



Someone turned another year older Monday, the 29th.  And it was the old Oatmeal and Whimsy herself. I have been soooo under the weather for about 2-3 weeks... Good old BPPV... (Vertigo) It has been fierce this time, so I even had to get a Rx for some anti-vertigo and nausea pills.  About the only thing I can say about last week was I got in a lot of lap/nap time for my kitty because I felt like sitting motionless with a little blanket, some ice water, and my eyes carefully closed....

However... whining done! I have some fun things to share on this extended 4th of July weekend.

I  started my birthday at 12:01 a.m. with a huge surprise. My son had searched the internet and found, ordered, and hid a huge statue of the Grand Fairy of Kensington Gardens. I had been given this same pattern of fairy by my coworkers and school system when I retired the first time, and she was quite special to me. She was, of course, one of the treasures stolen a couple years ago when we had the vandals and thieves in our former home. I was super thrilled to get this, and she means even more coming from my son! She had a fair share of "fairy dust" about her aka styrofoam flakes!!!


I scooted her over to blend in with the mantel... It is already time to decorate for late summer. I guess I decorate for me!




A really sweet family owns a local specialties and produce shop. I have known them for years, even was a baby sitter for the owner about 45 years or so ago... I was surprised to see them stepping up our sidewalk with delicious produce, a gift for my birthday! So nice!


Oh, how I love those little yellow tomatoes!

I had a great birthday with gifts from my cousin to open each day of my birthday week. She does that fun tradition, and it is really special. Here are a few! She sewed that cute cloth!


All in all, getting a year older was quite lovely. I have a few more surprises to share in future posts! My little cat is not a fan of the neighbor's fireworks! However, I told her to be a good sport! See you soon!


..

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Birthday! You got some real treasures. The angel is just lovely! I don't know where you would even find one! I have struggled with BPV for 50 years. At it's worst, things would spin even with my eyes closed. It is just an awful and nauseating feeling.

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday!

linda said...

Happy birthday 🎊
Lovely statue.

Linda

Jeanie said...

That is the prettiest fairy I have ever seen. She's gorgeous. And so, too, is your cat. She and Lizzie would have been fighting for space in the linen closet this weekend. Too many fireworks for her, too. (And for me). Love your mantel garland!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Oh what a lovely statue!!! And how precious, to have it come from your son.