Saturday, June 20, 2020

First Day of Summer!!! Surprises!

Hope you are all feeling like Summer Sunshine! Today she arrived although we are having thunderstorms. I have been working all morning every day this week in my Studio... I will have to show you all later because it is a gift, and she might be reading this!

Pinterest Photo

Imagine how happy I was to come in and find I had received mail! My dear, dear friend from forever sent me this cute Patriotic set that she MADE!  My friend lives a few miles from here, and we don't see each other very much. I was so surprised and pleased she took the time to make this for me.  I just can't wait to sit down with a cup pf coffee and my planners at the table with this sweet runner! Did I say COFFEE??????? Wait until you hear this!




There was another box! I was caught off-guard by this one. I love the blog, "Sweet Nothings." I have read it for years, and I feel as if the author BJ has been in my kitchen for coffee and biscuits... But that isn't the case. However, she wrote a little post on her Instagram a few weeks back.



 She made me hanker after that Tumbleweed coffee and wish I could stroll into Lubbock, Texas, and visit the "Odds and Ends" shop she mentioned to pick up a package! So via email I contacted them and we worked out what I was getting: Tumbleweed Coffee!!!!!  I had to try it both due to the high praise of BJ and because my sweet as sugar grandfather (Paw-paw) absolutely loved that song "Tumbling Tumbleweed." He had the little 45 record of it and one of Gramma's Favorite, "Mockingbird Hill." We usually played all five every time I got out the record player and my three records.

The Tumbleweed and Mockingbird Hill Pair! My Loves!

(I had The Beatles, "I Want to Hold Your Hand," " Bobby Vinton's "Roses are Red," and The Monkees "I'm a Believer." ----- Big Concert!

I mentioned to them I wanted to buy this coffee because of BJ and because of my grandfather. Well, on the day they sent the invoice my son was laid off, and I decided I could better spend that money. I told Odds 'n Ends I needed to postpone the coffee until our finances were better! End of story???? Nope....  The mother and daughter who own that shop mailed me that coffee with a note that said, "Blessings!" I cried as I was showing the coffee to my son... (My nerves are wonky lately.  Plus.... unexpected kindness really floors me. I keep telling everyone I believe Anne Frank when she says, "In spite of everything. I still believe people are really good at heart." When I see evidence of that fact, I cry.) <3 The mug is one I made on Walmart.com of my grandfather's old barn.



Here is a link to  Odds 'n Ends website. This coffee is a dream!!!!

From Qdds n Ends website

I truly thank this little shop! What a kind-hearted thing to do. It is looking as if my son will be back at work (work from home) Monday, so it won't be long until I will definitely be making a real purchase from this store for gifts... Wouldn't it be fun to all go shopping together?



Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful of her! And the runner is really lovely, it must have taken quite awhile to make it. You are much loved b so many! Is this first picture you and your dolls? It is so sweet!

Jeanie said...

What a darling table runner and such good friends. I love that -- and that first photo!