Friday, May 22, 2020

Stoppin' in....

Whimsy and Hugs!


Good morning! Lots of little projects are popping all around me this week. I am still crossing my fingers for the long-awaited curtain valance to arrive today. The delays are still pretty significant with Amazon Prime. I think I was spoiled before! I have been creating some cards and another journal. This one I call an Autumn Country Red French... or Katrina, for short. She is so full of journal cards and photo tuck spots. I had so much fun making her. I spared you the majority of pages... She's pretty huge!







Yesterday my cousin, the sister one!, stopped by and we sat on the porch far away from each other and chatted! She brought me some of her pretty pansies, so I had to fix up a little table love after she left! The pretty runner was made by my Gramma Minnie I think... Mama might have done the embroidery. (My cousin kindly offered to put out my flowers for the cemeteries so I sent the ones I had purchased with her.) ---  I really looked rough... no makeup and questionable hair! ... Yep. I looked as if she had found me on the wild prairie.... which she did, I guess.


This runner was always on a dresser in my Gramma's bedroom. I was always pretty fascinated at the way the crochet arched around the edges and then surprisingly made the skirts... Still am! As much as I crochet, I don't think I ever did any fancywork lace... 



Pansies are doing well, I hear, because of our chilly weather. I don't plan to have any live flowers this year. I do think some faux geraniums will perk things up. Our locust trees are gorgeous right now!


I treated myself to a journal from a YouTuber called Book Vandal. She is delightful and works from her home in Indiana. Mama would approve of anything Indiana! I really want to get Mama's sewing machine up here and see if I can order a cord and if it will still run. It is in my lower level, also known as No Man's Land!


The screen in the window diffused the brilliant yellow of Mr. Finch. I honestly thought he was a yellow Iris blossom perched there so sassily tempting on our handrail. Callie was wide-eyed and making her bird-chirps.... She gets really mesmerized by the wild creatures who fly and taunt her beyond the pane.



Well, it had to happen. Even though we mustn't wear furs after May first, I couldn't resist this coat from Mama's Muffy Vanderbear. The look on her face says it all. "Take it off, Karen. This lockdown is getting to ya!"



4 comments:

Helen said...

A most delightful post ..... wishing you a healthy and happy weekend.

Jeanie said...

Oh my! That is SO beautiful -- I am in awe of all the work done on this gorgeous book. Unbelievable. Takes my crafty breath away! And your sweet kitten is so darned darling! I can't resist an orange!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your journals are so delightful, they have everything. The runner is gorgeous! It is inspiring me to go to the basement and go thru the family's big box of them. I love everything about yours. And the adorable table scene! Your bird looks like a goldfinch.

Miss Merry said...

Your journals are so neat! I can tell you really enjoy creating them. Happy Spring! I love pansies. Due to the arm thing, I am restraining myself from planting anything this year. And the part about not leaving the house is helping. . .