Sunday, May 10, 2020

May seems to be Chatty Month

I have blogged more in the past two days than some entire months. I don't know what pulled my string, but here I am... again!

The English teacher left inside my soul had to laugh at this meme I saw today, Apologies for the beer pic!



We had a stunning day today, just a lot like I had planned... I had fun getting lunch, but I need to refresh my mind before I prepare some things! I guess I forgot that we need to break off or cut a few inches off the asparagus stems!!!! I think I also forgot with the last batch, too! I suddenly at the table had a vision of the Food Network cooks snapping it to see where to cut, Well, duh! I quickly cut off the bottoms and Voila! edible asparagus! p.s. I need to clean my oven!!! Goodness!



So... about my dessert. I love strawberries. But we NEVER have ice cream. Oh, Aldi's... you are way too easy, so we had our cake and ate it, too?



This old ironstone pitcher was my Gramma Minnie's. I used to be the tea-maker for not only family dinners, but also for hay hands. We made tea in huge coolers for them, but Gramma had me dip it into this pitcher to serve.



Have a super week.



Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You forgot to trim the asparagus. I looked at the picture and remembered I had asparagus in a glass of ice water in my refrigerator and forgot to cook it with our dinner!!! Hopefully tomorrow. Your meal looks delicious and now I am craving an ice cream sandwich, too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The pitcher is beautiful, and so are the flowers. It looks a bit like Fiesta Ware. Love the bunny pic & joke.

wendy said...

Our Your pitcher is so pretty and thanks for sharing the stories behind it.