Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday Already!



What? This week has just flown by. I finished basically the overall sort/rearrange of the craft room. It isn't cute yet, so no photos! (No paparazzi, pleeeeze!_Now somebody tell me what to do with the 8 giant totes that don't belong in there. They sure don't belong in my bedroom where they are right beside my bed. They look like those "symmetrical stacking" shots of the library in Ghost Busters. (Get her, Ray? That's your plan?)



I ordered a few things, including some happy little curtain valances... To be honest, it has taken 65 years, living with the easiest-going son in the world who truly has no opinion of decor, and... a global pandemic for me really to just "do my thing." If I want to decorate, craft, clean, bake, cook, read, watch TV, nap--- then I do. If I don't... well, sometimes I still do, but less often!



I must say this has been a different kind of year. I am glad I chose the word of the year, Roar. Some days... that old roar is all it takes to scare off the blues.

And some days... I have to roar twice. 

So do you plan to do something new for Mother's Day? I am going to stay in and watch a movie that day... Seriously, my son bought me a set of Chinese soup spoons and a Kindle Fire 10-inch tablet. We don't seem to be able to wait until the holiday any more to give our gifts. I am making those little slider sandwiches made with turkey and Hawaiian rolls, and the marinade of Worcestershire sauce... And having ice cream sandwiches and strawberries... and a big Asian salad. I don't think my menu is very balanced. I will most likely have to chase it with a Glucerna! Just keeping it real.


Whimsy and Hugs! Stay safe!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy Mother's Day! Four years ago my daughter and I started a tradition of taking each other out for a local restaurants stupendous Mother's Day Buffet. We would make a reservation at the very time they opened and treat each other to a mimosa, too. We are pretty sad we can't go this year (there is no eat in dining in Ohio until next Monday) but we have decided she is coming here with her toddler and baby for a brunch that will be fun, but not as extensive, tasty or prepared by others.

Our restaurants will open with limited seating, all staff wearing masks, no communal items on tables like salt and pepper or baskets of rolls or napkin holders, seating cleaned after each use, etc. Since I have seen how well people have been following recommendations from our State Director of Public Health, I have no plans to dine in or stand in a carryout line with people who don't believe in social distancing or wearing masks to protect others.

Enjoy your special day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would love for you to post your slider recipe. It sounds so yummy! I love your pretty background, and cute pictures today!! Wow, super gifts from your son! I have an idea for the large totes. Transfer the contents into those cheap plastic keeper/drawers. Then buy a piece of fabric, any color or print you like, cut it to fit, and throw it over the drawers. You immediately have a pretty table and tablecloth! I did this in our bedroom to some cheap plastic drawers, it makes it look like a little boutique table. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!