Sunday, April 12, 2020

Moving Days...



So you know me by now. Nothing domestic makes me happier than moving furniture around. Nothing. Not even buying new furniture, which is a good thing because moving is "free!"



I have a few sacred spots and items that cannot be juggled... obviously the tv (cable wired ya know), my son's chair and his couch, the kitchen basics like stove and sink... and probably the fridge... oh, and a built-in and a hutch that took four strong men to scoot---empty!



And my headboard is bolted to the wall.



Other than that, Katie Scarlett, is fair game! So that's my insidious game for the next few weeks... sliding furniture around the living spaces to make the puzzle new. Fresh. Cleaner, too... I am toying with creating a little nook in the south end of the kitchen for me to sit and crochet and read and cross-stitch.



Biggest trouble with all that is I never got electricity to that quadrant of my kitchen... and now I don't want anyone in the house to work on anything....  so we shall mull it over and ponder the joys of "re-arrangement."



My son is a traitor. We shook on not ordering Easter gifts or goodies. But he lied! I did not! So... the Bunny hopped in with a few of my favorites (white chocolate Reese's mini eggs) and a cool Cinch binding machine for my journals!



I had ordered him just six Reese's eggs, so I will tuck in a check and a gift certificate for somewhere online.



I miss the old days of Sunrise Services, the real celebration and worship of Resurrection, family all together.....



and egg hunts created by my parents no matter how old I got to be... But we have so much to be grateful for this season. It is quite unsettling, but always blessings appear.



I am sending you all our very best wishes for a truly happy and blessed Easter. Take care!

Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy Easter!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your sweet pictures! They look like retro postcards. I am also scared to let any workmen into the house, just praying we don't need to for awhile. I hope you will be posting pictures of the various furniture arrangements, then we can all choose our favorite. I LOVE your pretty polka dot background! Hoping you have a blessed Easter!

NanaDiana said...

Happy Easter to you- I am still moving things around a bit here and there, too as we move into actually living in our 'new' condo. Kinda like that your son did such a nice thing. Have a wonderful day- stay safe- xo Diana