Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Cozy Little Kitchen Jobs

Currently I cannot wait for my son to be off work! That's because I baked a sausage/ham/onion/cheddar quiche!!!! I skipped lunch and breakfast, so the aroma is driving us both cuckoo! He is on a conference call with no end!!! lol


I have un-decorated for Easter and am putting away things and cleaning... but it is sooooo slow! I am just not motivated! My kitty is surveying her options, but she clearly knows this tree has been up too long!!! (Since Autumn, which happened in late August! My lights finally bit the dust, and I am tired of changing out ornaments.)


Lol...  I did finally fill up today with tasks and dreams and pleasurable chores...


I actually changed out the Christmas and Autumn flatware... from Autumn 2016... I just didn't ever have the mojo after Mom passed away! But today seemed a good day to put away the turkeys and holly berry! I notice I have some elderly kitchen tools! 


So... how do you all like your quiches? I always try to use some full cream in ours--- just a little, and the rest just 2 percent in this one. 





I also made a Chicken Scratch Casserole yesterday. Easy peasy! I took a small baking dish and layered 1 c. shredded chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom soup mixed with a little (1/4 c.) water or milk, 2 c. shredded cheese, 1 box dry Stovetop stuffing mix, and I used a can of corn partially drained. It called for a stick of melted butter. I skipped the butter and it was fine! Bake until cheese is toasty brown. It is kind of quichy without crust and eggs... savory. I liked it...


Of course, here I am snoozing (only I'm not as cute!!!!)  -----!!!! That also looks good!!!

Yay! He is off work, so it is Suppertime!!!!!!

Take care!







1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I want your quiche recipe!!! I love your beautiful furniture, and lovely kitty. And your red handled flatware is gorgeous! It reminds me of Fiesta Ware.