Saturday, April 25, 2020

Calling it...

It is Friday! Something lies inside to celebrate a day marking the end of a work week I have abandoned years ago. I get happy for my son, who still enjoys a weekend off. Even though he telecommutes from his living room "office," it is still work. He enjoys his job, but... Friday, ya know?



I am putting the finishing touches on my friend's journal and literally weaving in loose ends on the keyhole shawl I made her.
We rented the final Star Wars tonight. I had no real opinion about it... Not bad, not earth-shattering... Kinda like that old song... "Little bit country. Little bit rock n' roll." It was a mixture of current mindset, a nod to the Lucas-original, and an injection of  today's Walt Disney. How could that go wrong? lol



Have I told you recently about my "method" to force myself to do stuff I don't wanna do? Probably. I tend to repeat myself more than usual during this new world order... so apologies in advance. I deploy the "100-thing Rule." I tell myself I will touch/fold/put away/ wash/throw away... whatever 100 things before I stop in that room. And then I count as I force myself to basically "get the lead out." I really do that over and over for any job, room, chore I am putting off. I don't know why it works, but it makes me soooo compliant. I often catch myself debating if I can possibly count a handful of wet clothes with three items as three things if I used one motion... Sooo silly, I know... but I have to laugh at the folly of arguing between my task master self and my slackard persona... Duh? However, today, for example I pulled it off three times in three separate rooms. Visible results. I kinda think I made it up because I have always been an internal "counter" of steps, rotations, things in general... M & M's??? lol... 



It's time for bed... Somehow... I have never counted sheep... How silly! (just kidding)

Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL-About you 100 item method. I think we all have our little tricks to get things done. I will set a task and tell myself--I bet I can have this done by (setting a time on the clock for myself)....and then will have coffee or something to celebrate when I am done.
Right now I have an overwhelming amount of work to do with purging and sorting as I go through things in the condo now that we are moved in.
Stay Safe- xo Diana

Ginny Hartzler said...

I bet you are getting a lot done. I am a counter, as well! Your little set of windmills are adorable!! Are they dishes, or just for decoration? I love them, where did you get them?

Gayla said...

Ginny, they are part of a salt and pepper and condiment set They belonged to my mom so not sure how old or where she found them. I will round up the whole thing and take a picture!