Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Takeout?


Today I decided to try a knock-off of Pizza Hut's Back yard BBQ hand tossed. I did not want to make my dough plus I had a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls that needed to be used.... so I pressed out the dough after spraying my small cookie tin. I used Hawaiian bbq sauce in a small trickle/grid... like checkerboard. Then I layered cut up chicken, very thin slivers of onion, mushrooms, a small amount of real bacon pieces, another grid of bbq sauce... (I probably used about a third to half cup total). I layered on cheese (Only had sharp cheddar, but... it was fine.) This I popped in our toaster oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes. It was very reminiscent of the real deal and good for lunch and leftover for supper.


Here's a peek at a Farm Girl's journal I fixed up for a friend as a garden record-keeper.






Do any of you recall hearing about Loretta Young? I remember my mother loved to watch The Loretta Young Show. All I remember about it is watching Loretta open gorgeous French doors and arrive in a breath-taking outfit, and my Mama was captivated... Here is a photo of a young Loretta... Wow-za!



Stay safe!

Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have not heard of this pizza, it sounds so good! I want to try it; did you bake the crescent rolls before you put the toppings on? Your journal is gorgeous and full of whimsy and beauty! I used to watch the Loretta Young show too! It's funny, I do not remember a thing about what kind of show it was. All I remember is her opening those doors and flowing through in a gown that often had some sort of train flowing behind her.