Saturday, January 18, 2020

Ice Storm



Hello, Lovelies!
I was so happy to hear from a dear friend this afternoon. She always calls and cheers me up and also talks about my blogging. I told her the reason I hadn't blogged was that I hadn't done much... Pretty true.
What a lovely Christmas season, though. We had several little gatherings of two or three that really highlighted the season. My only two forays out since I dunno when (maybe Halloween) were the Christmas in Bevier Saturday and an impromptu car trip with my sweet sister/cousin to see the lights on the 26th.



These were in the country with a whole field of beautiful lights. They are put up by an assisted living home... Lovely!



My Studio has been busy with several gifts made for the holidays, wrapping headquarters, and the storage center for all holiday decor... It. looks. it! This photo happened AFTER I cleaned and straightened for 5 hours... I laugh because it looks like a "before" photo.



A few random snippets of some of the journals I have made for gifts. I am deep into another big folio project now.














Vegetable-Sausage fritatta... I enjoy trying different recipes for Paleo inspired cooking. ... 6 eggs beaten with 1/4 c. water, 1 # spicy sausage (browned and crumbled), a zucchini, an onion, and a yellow bell pepper. I added salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder. (Yeah, I added 3/4 cup of cheese, which is not Paleo)... Baked at 350 for 25 minutes.



Moved things around and created a little Coffee bar. A good friend of Mom's from her doll club made the feather tree. The lamp was a gift from my parents while I was still in college. Mama made the little bluebird tea towel tucked in the wintry bucket.





Hope you stay warm, safe, and cozy through this wintry season. We had an ice storm yesterday, but we were blessed by a few hours of rain and warmer temps before our current winds and single digit temperatures. I think that saved us from power outages here. The driveway, although gravel, is a solid sheet of shiny ice. Next week sounds cold and filled with rain, snow, and frigid weather.


Wee hours in the morning find my gal Callie checking out the ceilings all over the house. She does not like the sounds of winter on the metal roof...


Happy January 2020... Month #1 is on the downhill slide of the calendar! Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Callie is beautiful! And your home is just lovely. I love the soft paint color and border in your studio. The journals are exquisite and perfect. Your coffee bar and pink chair & bookcase look so inviting and cozy. We also have a Keurig coffee bar.

Miss Merry said...

I think your studio looks terrific! I think mine has turned into the junk room! Stay warm!