Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thanksgiving, a grateful welcome to the Christmas season...

This past week I have been getting out some all my Christmas things. Such fun to tuck the same traditions into new surroundings. Each year I think I will just get out a few items but in order to do that a person has to pack and store intelligently... Um, well--- that's just not how I roll. So I cannot find the spot with about 15 extension cords. I may have to buy 3 more. Here are a few shots. most without the twinkly lights until said cords are either found or repurchased. Do you know they sell a $3 cord for $7.50 this Christmas? lol









Tomorrow we celebrate my friend's birthday. I think I am making my grandmother's apple cake and a big salad. Another friend is bringing pizza. Saturday is Friendsgiving, a traditional holiday meal for my son's friends. Lots to do for that!

RECIPE FOR APPLE CAKE


Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, your home is gorgeous!! I especially love the tree decorated with houses. And kitty looking at the candle is pure beauty, that needs to win an award of some sort, or be on a calendar. The little stand is so beautifully decorated as well. And I love the basket of abundant poinsettias beside the fireplace. I wish I had a talent for decorating like this.

Miss Merry said...

I feel you on the extension cords. I have a Christmas Village that requires a chain of power strips. I think I need maybe 6 from the wall to the end of the village, in order to plug in all the houses, stores and extras. Unfortunately I "borrow" them out of the drawer during the year and need to replace some for Christmas. I am hoping to start decorating this coming Saturday and the village is the first thing to go up!