Thursday, September 26, 2019

She's here!

Monday's gift, alongside the Equinox, was cooler temps and that little zing in the air that says... well, you know! Fall is here! I made four loaves of autumn breads the past week and froze two. I tried a recipe from online for Cinnamon bread. I would give it a four star rating because it was moist and had a great texture. It wasn't very cinnamony... Then I made a cheater Pumpkin/Dried Cranberry bread. Oh my! This didn't hold together as well, but the golden bread was yummmy.



1 yellow cake mix; 3 eggs, 1 can pumpkin puree, 1 T. pumpkin pie spice; 1/3 c. oil; and 3 T. water. I added about half a cup of dried cranberries that I shook with a bit of flour. Mix it all up and pop in a large greased and floured bread pan. (I almost always top with raw sugar for a crackly glaze.)  Bake at 350 for at least an hour


Been working on some journals and Fall cards. And I finally put all the pieces back in the puzzle I had created by buying one innocent recliner off Swapshop. I had to move 9 pieces of furniture (plus more that I actually left in the same spot again!) I remember Mom telling me that Gerred came over one morning to stay with her at about four years old... He started crying, she said. He sobbed to his favorite confidante, "Mama moved all the furniture, and she lost the dining room!!!" I had swapped functions of rooms... Neither he nor Mom were fans of my passion... too bad.



My son has been working from home some days. It is great to have him home, but he sure is busy...



Whimsy and Hugs! Happy Fall, Y'all!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your fall things look so pretty. I think rearranging the furniture once in awhile makes things fun, and the rooms look like new. Gerred was so funny! I love the dolls and their pumpkins.

Miss Merry said...

I am a furniture rearranger myself. I like to move furniture in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping (and can't tell me not to do it). My kids always talked about waking up to a different house. I have a theory that when I move the furniture, it makes the room larger.

Love all your autumn décor! My favorite season.

linda said...

Nice fall decor!

Linda