Sunday, August 25, 2019

Weekend Whimsies


Happy Sunday in Blogland! I have spent the weekend working in my Studio... but not the artsy kind of work, the good for the soul creation. Oh, no. I have been cleaning out boxes and baskets, totes and bags... all kind of identical in their contents: potpourri category. I can see the pattern. I would get going on a project and then would needed to clear out the kitchen for company or something... Insert container dump cleanup procedure that Mama called "the basket trick." And that was that... Those items were lost for years, stuffed farther back in the closest closet. Some time I will show you my glue stick collection!


Saturday morning I said goodbye to an old friend, my T-bird from the 90's... I think it might have been my favorite car ever. I wouldn't even use it as a trade-in when I got another car. It had quit me in the drive-through at Burger King right before my dad passed away and I moved in with Mom. I think it kind of smoked and looked scary! I just never got back to it and it has gone gray from baking in the sun. So I got a wild notion to donate it to the Wounded Veteran's project. I really hope it gets chosen to be fixed up for someone who will enjoy it as much as I did... (and don't tell me if it is instead a cube of metal junked for scrap... please)



I loved sitting out on the porch in the gorgeous cool air!






Have you guys had these grapes? They called them Witch Finger grapes... They are delicious, but call me shallow-- I don't like them due to their name and their non-grape shape... kind of like that colored ketchup years ago or heirloom tomatoes... I kept thinking about those li'l witches with no fingers... lol ... 


(oops! too late)

I had the urge to make stuffed cabbage rolls today, but I got a late start so decided to make this in the.... you guessed it--- instant pot. I served it with mashed potatoes and a bit of shredded cheese. Oh. my. We have had a couple days that make one know why we were born... cool weather feels like Heaven in pre-fall. This would be good on a wintry day. I used/subbed in tomato sauce, ranch dressing dry mix, Cajun seasoning, and beef-a-roni...  (In other words, I didn't follow the recipe or color inside the lines...shocker!) Either way would be delicious I am sure.


--------

The Typical Mom

Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole is so tasty! Really simple to make with the same stuffed cabbage flavors you love just much easier to make and eat. Only 12 minutes in your pressure cooker creates the perfect comfort food that will remind you of your childhood.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Entree, Main Course
Cuisine: American
Keyword: cabbage, casserole, easy, instant pot, pressure cooker

Servings: 8

Calories: 343kcal

Author: The Typical Mom

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground beef or ground sausage
  • 3 1/2 c beef broth
  • 1 tbsp garlic minced
  • 1 c rice white, uncooked
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce 20 oz
  • 1 can tomato soup 10 oz
  • 1 dash hot sauce optional
  • 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2-3 c cabbage cut into small chunks 2x2 pcs

Instructions

  • Turn Instant Pot to saute, normal. Add a bit of olive oil, ground beef and diced onion. Cook until beef is not pink and onions soften
  •  Turn Instant Pot OFF/cancel button and deglaze your pot. Important step so pot does not overheat and can cool off while draining grease and adding other ingredients. If you do not turn it off in between you may have an error/burn code come on as it senses it is overheating.
  • Add in all other ingredients except rice and cabbage. Do not stir.
  • When all other ingredients are added pour uncooked rice in, do not stir.
  • Break up chunks of cabbage and add to top of your mixture, gently push down into the liquid. (make sure pot is not more than 3/4 full or it may not reach pressure)
  • Put lid on and close steam valve.
  • Push pressure high for 12 minutes (or if you don't have that option push your rice button which will automatically set for 12 minutes).
  • Do a quick release.
  • Lift lid carefully, stir, and serve! Can top with chives or even parmesan cheese!! It will thicken more as it sits.

Nutrition


Serving: 8oz | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1260mg | Potassium: 846mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg



Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your recipe looks delicious! A real warming fall dish. I also love your beautiful fall yard decoration. The large wooden picture is so pretty. You did a good thing with your T-bird! I have not heard of these grapes, they really don't look appetizing!

Dianna said...

I hope your studio cleaning helps you feel inspired to work! I simply can't work when my space is too cluttered. :) I agree, those witch finger grapes are oddly named. Not very appetizing!