Sunday, August 18, 2019

Rainy Sunday morning

For the second day in a row huge storms have rattled our windows, jarred us awake, and "set off" our cat...  So I was up a bit to start lunch, do a lesson of neglected bible study, hang up and dry a wet load of laundry, watch some YouTube, wash a new load of work clothes... and crawl back into a cozy bed...


Thank you so much to my friends close by... and my friends via Blogland for all the support. Believe me, every word has helped me cope. Some of you have been through this, and those kind, encouraging words really do give heart.


If you were coming for lunch, you would be served on red plates today on a black and white buffalo checkered cloth. We are having a Mississippi pot roast in the instant pot, green beans, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and ... that's probably it. Maybe some dessert but not sure.


oh... and some coffee... I am in the business of coffee today... Have a good week!



Whimsy and Hugs!

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Good Golly, Gayla - what time is dinner!!!!

Sue said...

Yes, I am so ready for fall, Your lunch sounds delicious, How do you like your instant pot, I have been thinking of purchasing one.

Love the quote you shared..
Have a blessed day,
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

The needlework is beautiful, I think you did it? Your day sounds so cozy! Our cat does not like storms either, and will head to his hiding place.

Gayla said...

Ginny, my mother did the cross stitch; one gramma did the sewing, and another grandmother did the quilting. All for my son, who gave it to me after his granny (mom) passed away because... it was more my cup of tea... lol

Sue, I absolutely love the instant pot... I cannot believe how easy and great for so many things. I never buy chili beans or even pork and beans any more... rice, meats, of course, boiled eggs... it is a keeper.

Miss Merry, for you,,, no reservations required!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It sounds delicious. Save some for me.