Saturday, August 10, 2019

Moonlight in Missouri

Don't you love this time of year when the morning windows refuse to let us see the dawn...? Mist collects to veil late summer's morning splendor, and the "six weeks till frost" locusts are so loud I hear them at twilight. My heart is going back to school... again. I think my dad missed his work at the phone company after he retired during his 36th year. He didn't breathe a word because he knew it might accidentally hurt someone's feelings. He loved being home so much, too. I know how that is.


A silent guest stopped to stare at my window last night. I wish I could cast a net of protection over this beautiful animal so Autumn's hunters couldn't steal her life. I don't allow hunting on my land, but the neighbors sure do.


And with this quote, we see the birth of "Starry Starry Night... paint your colors blue and gold." That beautiful song mustt have been on my American Pie Don McClean album... Ya think? It is beautiful, and if the old clock didn't tell me it is 3 minutes until 3 a.m., I would have Alexa play it... However, my son is asleep, and he is tired... I can wait.


Been having some really fun days this summer creating journals and greeting cards in my new Studio. I finally moved about 90 percent of my supplies from here, there, and anywhere. My new room is a vacant bedroom that we call paw-paw's room. It isn't one of those stellar craft rooms... yet. In fact, with the arrival of the boxes and totes of art supplies, it's rather shocking. I hope to get it presentable before my Amish girls return. They might be a bit disappointed to see the way their miracle has played out so far. 


I feel pretty tentative today. I have had another little skirmish with sinusitis and vertigo. I really see a connection in those two although the WebMD articles don't really link them. Today was just a loss as I went back to bed again with my heatpad and Vicks rubbed around my temples, the nape of my neck, and my ears... sooooo DiZiZiZyyyyy. I feel better, so maybe that's a wrap for that inner ear thing... It truly feels as if someone pulls the pin and the world just spirals... oh, I get so sick... Boo.....


I am so happy to have discovered our local grocery store has a shopping service. I call in my order and someone shops there and brings it out to my son after he gets off work. I try to keep my orders under 20 items so he can get it in with one trip...  but we've been loving the vegetables and little hard to find things. He has some health issues that made tramping over the store rather a burden. 


As always I have a zero politics tolerance on my blog... but these unbearable tragedies are sapping our life force, affecting ourselves and our children...  Yes... it does break our hearts. I remember a book my mother had when I was a little girl. Its title was "Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God." I was... and am a tender-hearted person, so I remember thinking I never wanted to read that book. I still do a lot of avoidance but... less than a few years ago. The heartbreak---it is out there, and it is impossible to avoid it at times... plus I was a teacher for 36 years, and I just can't get "how to help this" questions out of my mind. I do so wish the world could get a slice, a steady diet, of all the kindness and good people in it... The spotlight doesn't shine on the positives very long and even then... it feels a bit dramatic and heavy-handed. I do get a lot of joy from your blogs. I do think of this community as friends... Thank you for sharing and for keeping politics out of it... Please know your ideas and comments spark goodness and joy every day.








Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Sue said...

So sorry about the vertigo and sinus, I agree I think they are related, hope you feel better soon. Enjoyed all the quotes and photos, like you i love the wild animals we don't hunt them either, just enjoy their presence on the farm. Have a great weekend.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hi Gayla, thanks for visiting my blog! It looks like you live in a beautiful place! Your blog is beautiful, too. I love your table setting in the previous post; especially the cat plates! We are cat people. I am wondering who your Amish girls are? We are Mennonite. I need to scroll a bit more and catch up. I have had attacks of this dizziness, it is awful. When I was younger I got too dizzy to even walk. They call it Benign Positional Vertigo. One doctor told me that you can a small virus in your inner ear, and it can clear up in one side before the other, making you unbalanced. They told me to take Dramminine and go to bed. I hope you get better soon, that is just miserable! I love all your quotes!